DXV Quality

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
Agent Orange
Is taking Resolume on a second date

DXV Quality

Post by Agent Orange »

I'm working on converting and cutting up some clips for a show next week, and I'm getting some strange quality issues with DXV encodes.

I've attached a couple examples
Original:
original
original
Screen shot 2011-07-16 at 12.01.13 AM.png (594.68 KiB) Viewed 7449 times
DXV:
DXV
DXV
Screen shot 2011-07-16 at 12.01.24 AM.png (422 KiB) Viewed 7449 times
I'm using Mpeg Streamclip to convert, With no scaling. There aren't really settings for DXV, so i'm not sure wa I can do here. The original is h.264, i've tried 3 different source clips, all are grainy and lower quality vs the original...

EDIT:
I just tried using Compressor instead of Streamclip, with nearly identical results. I'm going to test the output through a low res analog output to see if the difference is perceivable, as it will be projected.

Any suggestions?

Basic
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Re: DXV Quality

Post by Basic »

Its usually best to send your clip to the support email address. support [at] resolume.com (i think thats the email)

DXV is setup so you dont need to change settings like other codecs. Of course you can change the resolution but thats about it.

bart
Team Resolume

Post by bart »

Unfortunately DXV does not compress very subtle colour fades very well so this artifacts you are seeing in this footage are unfortunately not a bug but a shortcoming of the compression method.

We are researching some methods to improve this.

Agent Orange
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Post by Agent Orange »

Actually, i realized that it was a program called flux that was amplifying the issue by turning my lcd's color temperature slightly yellow/green at night.

Basic
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Post by Basic »

interesting Bart i never knew that. are you's looking at a new dxv?