UPDATE 15:48 20/09/11
Regarding my previous message below, some issues have been resolved, most importantly, video mapping appearing on display 2 (below striked-out what no longer applies and left what does - and there are other issues not noted yet).
Question: From testing and from what I understand, one can only do mapping on overall composition output, not by selecting individual video clips or layers (like IR Mappio allows one to do) ? Is this correct or am I missing something ? Thanx in advance.
Thanx for the updates.
I know this is beta, but I thought I would let you know that I'm having
several issues with ADVANCED output (video mapping) in ARENA (using both display 1 laptop (1440x900) & display 2 VP (800x600)).
- In Advanced screen, just *starting* to work (a slice added and adjusted), but then stopping to take a bathroom break, leaving the computer idle ~3 min (I'm guessing) and upon returning, everything is locked, one can't close any window, can't return to desktop, (sometimes mouse is gone), etc. and one is forced to "end task".
- selecting option to "reset to default" in Preset drop-down menu
- Video mapping only appears when I'm in Advanced menu setting up mapping, then once I click OK (when done mapping), it does not return me to the control panel of Resolume, but defaults to DISPLAY 1 Full screen, once I press the short cut keys to disable full screen, it then returns me to the control panel, but the mapping is not retained in display 2 (and if i click on CANCEL (when done mapping), however, it does returns me to the control panel, but *still* the mapping is not retained).
What I'm not clear on after watching the video & reading the manual is your mapping concept...
1) Does one have to *stay* in the Advance menu for mapping to occur and thus one can not return to the control of Resolume in order to play clips as a VJ app?
2) Slice only works on the total video output as a whole, not for individual clips or layers, allowing one to define individual videos (not sure how to phrase this, it may not be clear, sorry...and I'm use to working with IR Mappio which acts as more of a "mapping effect" on individual clips, layers or composition).
Thanx for your time,
EDIT: I will send you via email my log file; earlier I could not find it in "C:\User\julie\Application Data\Resolume Arena 4" and found it instead in "C:\User\julie\Application Data\Resolume", along with the log file for Ave 3...I guess one is placing the text log files in a it's own "Resolume" folder and not in their respective version folders now? ...later I found under "Preferences" in app the ability to send text by gui interface, thanx)
Last edited by juLiE
on Tue Sep 20, 2011 15:12, edited 1 time in total.
2013 - Present: Dell Inspiron 7720 laptop, Win 7 sp1, Nividia GeForce GT 650M
2008 - 2012: Dell Vostro 1700 laptop, Win XP sp3, Nividia GeForce 8600M GT
2004 - 2008: Mini PC ITX...
Official Website: http://www.juliemeitz.com