Relocating clips

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
vj granda
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Relocating clips

Post by vj granda »

When I open a Windows composition in OSX, and try to relocate the clips, the most clips relocate ok, except the first I try recolocate. It happens always the same.

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Re: Relocating clips

Post by Joris »

Thanks, we are actually checking for this and changing all the /'s to \'s (or the other way round, i forget). But maybe we're missing something.

rabosavj
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Post by rabosavj »

Happends to me the same

vjsjarcie

Post by vjsjarcie »

I've been also trying to relocate clips, but in my case I can't relocate anything.
Tried it under vista and XP Pro.
Even made a comp, closed it, moved several files.
But I could'nt relocate it.
Don't see ANY file.
Am I doing something wrong here?
Same for the included "shop" files. Rs couldn't find them, and I can't relocate them.
Relocated it to the folder where they are, but can't see any of them.

Also maybe it would be convenient to have the "*.*" options also in the dropdownmenu instead of only all the known extensions.

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Post by Joris »

We've received another report of this happening. Could you send us some screenshots of the folder structure and the Resolume relocate dialog at mail-at-resolume-dot-com?

vjsjarcie

Post by vjsjarcie »

I did notice that when I type in the clip at the folder where it is situated, did does find the clip.
Allthough I still can't see any of the clips.
Will make screenshots shortly en meel them.
thnx!

gpvillamil
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Post by gpvillamil »

I've seen this too.

The relocate dialog doesn't show any videos, even though there are plenty of videos in the folder (the media/shop folder in Resolume). Windows 7. Seems to work OK on OS X.
vjsjarcie wrote:I've been also trying to relocate clips, but in my case I can't relocate anything.
Tried it under vista and XP Pro.
Even made a comp, closed it, moved several files.
But I could'nt relocate it.
Don't see ANY file.
Am I doing something wrong here?
Same for the included "shop" files. Rs couldn't find them, and I can't relocate them.
Relocated it to the folder where they are, but can't see any of them.

Also maybe it would be convenient to have the "*.*" options also in the dropdownmenu instead of only all the known extensions.

v.j.YOSH

Post by v.j.YOSH »

actually whay happen is that resolume opens up the relocate dialog where you can browes your folders for the media, but actually, limitis what you are seeing, e.g files and folders, to the name of the missing clip. now here's the problem: even if the clip exist in the folder your looking at, still you can see it! HAAA??? :?

now, if you go to the file name field in the bottom of the window and press in *.* ---> Enter, Ah AHH! it works...all of a sudden you see every file that's in that folder, and then you press on the one you're looking for and then the whole relocation thing works, even for other files in that directory...but it should not work that way...

Joris

Post by Joris »

Thanks for the reports guys! This has been fixed for the main release.

asperi
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by asperi »

I made a comp on one computer, all clips are on an external drive. Then if I try to open that comp on a different machine the relocate dialog box does not even load...? Win7 64. Drive letter conflict?