2 Video Card Edge Blanding

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
v.j.YOSH
Is taking Resolume on a second date

2 Video Card Edge Blanding

Post by v.j.YOSH »

is that possible to use the Arena version on a tough PC with 2 AMD eyefinty cards (4 outputs - total of 8 - not in Crossfire) to control 7 edge bland projectors even though its 2 cards and not one?

Is it even possible to span a desktop horizontally on 7 output who may be on different cards?

and does 15% bland (about150px) is enough?

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Re: 2 Video Card Edge Blanding

Post by Joris »

The theoretical answer to all your questions is yes. You'll have to wait for someone with the actual setup to provide a definite answer grounded in practice ;-)

v.j.YOSH

Post by v.j.YOSH »

Why do i get the feeling it will be me...???? :geek:

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Post by Joris »

Being at the bleeding edge of the high end video performance comes at a cost I guess ;-)

But seriously, I don't see any technical reason why that setup wouldn't work.

v.j.YOSH

Post by v.j.YOSH »

First of all, a 7168X768 comp with a suitable media in DXV (although 1.4 gig for 40 seconds!!!! haaa) yield pretty much good results in terms of fps on my 4 output display card so i get we'er half why there...

and Google tells us that one computer with 4 display cards with 6 outputs with eyefinty works well so all that's left is to actually buy the beast...

SEE YOU NEXT WEEK :))))))

(the only thing i am worrying about is FPS lost because of using two separate GPUs and not one card with 8 outputs)

pleasuretek

Post by pleasuretek »

can't the ATI HD6990s with eyefiniti do 5 desktops a piece (3 out of the box, and two more with active display port adapters)?

Please post back a few results with performance of that system. Sounds super cool
Asus build - intel 2.8GHz T9600, 4GB 800Mhz DDR2, ATI 4670
Rack unit - intel 2.7GHz q6600, 8GB 1066Mhz DDR2, 9800GTX+, intensity HDMI input card