Go! button for autopilot

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
dachhu
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Re: Go! button for autopilot

Post by dachhu »

Exactly!

edwin
Team Resolume

Post by edwin »

Just had a look at the ticket that's about this topic. Actually the Right Arrow does what you'll need. When the arrow keys are pressed the autopilot controller is asked which would be the next clip in line and triggers this. Wouldn't this not be enough already?

dachhu
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Post by dachhu »

Sadly not, the arrow keys lets you initiate the clips, but if i have the first 3 clips set to 'play next clip' and a fourth set to 'do nothing' or 'layer determined', and then a 5th clip set to 'play next clip',next time i press the arrow the clip selection is sent back to the start of the layer instead of carrying on from the 5th.
The idea of the go button would be to carry on to the next sequence when pressed.

Also in terms of the application the arrow keys are invisible, so aren't mappable,(in ableton these controls appear when in midi map mode).

I strongly feel that a cue GO button would be the best idea.

Plus as a venue technician this way of triggering is the most useful during show.

dachhu

running beta 2 on mac 10.6.8

mowgli
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Post by mowgli »

Unless I'm missing something resolume still lacks a global autopilot. Is there any plan to implement it?
It would be really useful to be able to automatically trigger whole columns being able to specify the number of beats the column plays for. How come this is only available per layer?

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Post by Joris »

The current version of Resolume is not meant as a full blown sequencer/creator. As it is, the layer autopilot is a function to make VJ performances easier by being able to automate the changing of content. We are developing more features in the controlled show direction, and future versions will offer a lot more control in this area.

For the moment we are amazed at how far people have been able to take the current version. You're pushing things far beyond what we envisioned was possible already.

karlikdanza
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by karlikdanza »

Siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!!!!!!! por favor. Necesitamos el boton GO yaaaaa

Es una demanda de muchas personas que utilizamos resolume para las artes escénicas.

POR FAVOR PROGRAMADORES DE RESOLUMEN CREEN EN BOTON DE GO

GRAAAAAAAAAAACIAS

David