Version 4.00 Problems

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
v.j.YOSH
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Version 4.00 Problems

Post by v.j.YOSH »

1) Decks content is disappearing spontaneously while moving between decks - checked in different computers and different compositions. the deck and it's name still remains but it's just an empty deck. reloading of the failed deck works.

2) too many decks "+" sign & list in the end of the deck list (on the right) isn't functioning any more or at least not as before. as a result, the decks name becomes to squeezed and not readable.

3) playing with W&H parameters of flash file makes the software crash

4) while trying to animate the X\Y position selecting the timeline option, the range is just to wide, therefor the speed is just to fast and unusable. trying too slow it down as much as 0.01 is still to fast.

5)Still can't use the keyboard letters to jump into filename\effects in the list. it only jumps to the the first item that contains the pressed letter somewhere in it's name...

that's it for now....
Last edited by v.j.YOSH on Mon Dec 26, 2011 11:44, edited 2 times in total.

v.j.YOSH

Re: Version 4.00 HUGH Problems

Post by v.j.YOSH »

as for now i went back in using version B2....am i the only one who's experiencing these problems?

vjloco
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Re: Version 4.00 Problems

Post by vjloco »

another problem: the QWERTY keyboard mapping in the Cue Points does not work in Vista 64 bit. Instead each letter cycles through the QWERTY buttons but the cue point stays the same.
Laptop: Intel Core 2cpu T7200 @2Ghz - 2Gig Ram
Operating system: Windows Vista Ultimate Sp1 X64
Video card: NVIDIA Gforce Go 7600

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Post by Joris »

1) Decks content is disappearing spontaneously while moving between decks - checked in different computers and different compositions. the deck and it's name still remains but it's just an empty deck. reloading of the failed deck works.
We have found some issues with decks being erased, which was fixed at the very last minute for the 4.0.0 release. We haven't come across this one though. Are you loading your clips via the built-in browser or via Finder/Explorer?
2) too many decks "+" sign & list in the end of the deck list (on the right) isn't functioning any more or at least not as before. as a result, the decks name becomes to squeezed and not readable.
The old behaviour wasn't functioning satisfactorily. It sounds like the new behaviour could also use some work.
3) playing with W&H parameters of flash file makes the software crash
Any Flash files in particular or the ones that ship with the demo?
4) while trying to animate the X\Y position selecting the timeline option, the range is just to wide, therefor the speed is just to fast and unusable. trying too slow it down as much as 0.01 is still to fast.
Right now it takes the maximum texture size of your GPU as limits, so this can go up to 8192 pixels. If you limit the in and out points, the range will become lower, and the speed will update accordingly.
5)Still can't use the keyboard letters to jump into filename\effects in the list. it only jumps to the the first item that contains the pressed letter somewhere in it's name...
This works differently than R2.41, where pressing the same letter repeatedly would cycle through all files starting with that letter. Instead, you can now start typing the full name of the file or effect, and it will jump to it.
vjloco wrote:another problem: the QWERTY keyboard mapping in the Cue Points does not work in Vista 64 bit. Instead each letter cycles through the QWERTY buttons but the cue point stays the same.
Yes, there is another thread on this on the forum and it's on our to do list.

v.j.YOSH

Post by v.j.YOSH »

Are you loading your clips via the built-in browser or via Finder/Explorer?
I first built those deck using the built in file browser, save the decks and composition and used them over and over again up until version 4.oo beta 2 just fine. since ver 4.00 they started being erase when i move between them...HELP!!! :roll:
he old behaviour wasn't functioning satisfactorily. It sounds like the new behaviour could also use some work.
I could have lived with the old behavior but certainly not with the new one. maybe you should add a second row for the deck list.

Any Flash files in particular or the ones that ship with the demo?
a flash file out of the README package

This works differently than R2.41, where pressing the same letter repeatedly would cycle through all files starting with that letter. Instead, you can now start typing the full name of the file or effect, and it will jump to it.
THANK YOU for clearing that one up! so useful...the only thing left is a search box within the file browser the limits the results to the letters pressed....

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Post by Joris »

Well, the first task for poor Edwin who is stuck in Res HQ all by his lonesome, is to sort out these deck issues, since that is a complete showstopper :oops:

If you are experiencing this, it's probably best to revert to beta 2 for now :(

v.j.YOSH

Post by v.j.YOSH »

It is a show stopper and indeed i reverted to beta 2, so please tell him to step on it!!! :oops:

and tell me what are the toppings he likes on his pizza and i'll send 2 Pizza trays to him (and a Coke) so he won't leave the HQ until it's solved! :lol:

v.j.YOSH

Post by v.j.YOSH »

Any news about the disappearing decks issue?

Tschoepler
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Post by Tschoepler »

vjloco wrote:another problem: the QWERTY keyboard mapping in the Cue Points does not work in Vista 64 bit. Instead each letter cycles through the QWERTY buttons but the cue point stays the same.
I am using OSC as a workaround - still works. So I guess this is some midi/keyboard related issue. Maybe this fact helps to debug.
████▀ ▄█ tschoepler.net █████ zweifarbton.net █▄ ▀████

Joris

Post by Joris »

@Yosh

Can you drop us an email directly?