Please explain audio

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
vjloco
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Please explain audio

Post by vjloco »

I have spent many hours trying to figure out how to use Avenue to synchronize audio loops with no success. Even when I use loops for Acid that are in the same tempo and length, they rarely loop together and soon go out of sync. Can someone please explain what you need to do to make loops that play together?
I have tried all the options, BPM, timeline x2 etc.
Laptop: Intel Core 2cpu T7200 @2Ghz - 2Gig Ram
Operating system: Windows Vista Ultimate Sp1 X64
Video card: NVIDIA Gforce Go 7600

vjloco

Re: Please explain audio

Post by vjloco »

Given the zero response, it makes me wonder if anyone is using this feature. Does anyone know where I can get this information? The manual is useless.

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Post by Joris »

Could you give us a bit more info on what you're trying to achieve, if possible with a few example files included (mail@resolume.com), the settings you are using and the steps you are taking to make it work, and where it is not working for you?

That way we can try to recreate it on our end, and hopefully let you know how best to go about it.

vjloco

Post by vjloco »

I finally was able to make the loops play together, but I had to go through a long series of steps:
1. Take my acid loops into Sony Acid.
2. Set the tempo (e.g. 120)
3. Render out each audio clip for one or two bars.
4. Bring them into Resolume
5. Change the tempo of each audio clip to 120 (since it always recognized them as 119.5 or something)

for the video clips I had to:
1. open them in Vegas
2. line them up with one of the audio clips so they would be the same length.
3. render each video clip out independently

Is this really the only way to work with the loops or am I missing something?

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Post by Joris »

Have you sent us the untreated clips? I haven't seen any in the inbox.

vjloco

Post by vjloco »

I have sent you four files. They are all exactly the same length and the same tempo (99.710). When I take them into Avenue 4.0 they are all analyzed as being slightly different tempos. One of them is analyzed as being 79.916. I have tried to set the tempo in Avenue for each clip to 99.710 but they still seem to go out of sync. From what I understand, all the clips have to be exactly the same length (or half or double etc.) and in the same key, and the video loops must also be exactly the same length (or they will play back speeded up or slowed down)
Assuming that one has to manually set the correct tempo for each clip, I am wondering exactly how people are preparing their audio clips to work in Avenue. I have looked on Youtube, but of all the millions of video clips there is only ONE that deals with audio-video sync. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1TCsAFNn3k
It would be great for us users to have some examples of how to use this feature, but there seems to be no one posting these anywhere.
I would ask you to encourage people to show how they work with this audio feature, or to create some examples yourself.
The original audio-video demo that came with Avenue 3 is of little help.