Avenue 4.0.0 - Auto Pilot Issue

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
juLiE
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Avenue 4.0.0 - Auto Pilot Issue

Post by juLiE »

Hi Resolume Team :)

Before creating this post, I did search for issues regarding Auto Pilot for Avenue 4.0.0.
(Also, I'm not sure where to post for issues regarding *both* Avenue & Arena)

My testing pattern using Demo Comp & Videos:
1) Set Layer 1 to Auto Pilot, select "forward", play first clip, then it plays next, etc. - it works, stop playing clip
2) Set Layer 2 to Auto Pilot, select "forward", play first clip, then it plays next, etc. - it works, stop playing clip
3) Set Layer 3 to Auto Pilot, select "forward", play first clip, then it plays next, etc. - it works, stop playing clip
[All layers have been enabled and tested for Auto Pilot, is functioning, selection = "forward"]
4) Click on "Column 1", first 3 videos in each layer play, but do not play the next clip, Auto Pilot stops functioning even though enabled and successfully tested on each individual layer.
5) Clear all clips playing, select Layer 1, play first clip, it does not play next clip, thus Auto Pilot is not functioning on this Layer 1 level anymore.
6) Repeat 5) for the remaining layers 2 & 3 with the same non-functioning Auto Pilot issue in 5)

It appears that clicking on "column" completely turns off Auto Piloting (in my scenario).
Is anyone else having this issue ??

I will send log file soon.

Thanx,
Julie
2013 - Present: Dell Inspiron 7720 laptop, Win 7 sp1, Nividia GeForce GT 650M
2008 - 2012: Dell Vostro 1700 laptop, Win XP sp3, Nividia GeForce 8600M GT
2004 - 2008: Mini PC ITX...
Official Website: http://www.juliemeitz.com

Rene
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Re: Avenue 4.0.0 - Auto Pilot Issue

Post by Rene »

Hi JuLiE,

I cannot confirm this for Arena on OSX. Will try for Avenue on Windows tonight.

cheers,
Rene

juLiE

Post by juLiE »

Hi Rene

Thanx for your reply.

In regards to your post, maybe it's a Windows issue (?) because I finally had time to test Arena 4.0.0 and the same issue occurs.

I did forget to mention that this issue does not occur in Avenue 4 Beta 2 (it works for me).

I did not test this scenario in Arena 4 beta 2, but I can if requested by the Res team (and provide log reports).

Cheers Rene,
Julie

PS: Thanx for the hard work Res team and good luck.

2013 - Present: Dell Inspiron 7720 laptop, Win 7 sp1, Nividia GeForce GT 650M
2008 - 2012: Dell Vostro 1700 laptop, Win XP sp3, Nividia GeForce 8600M GT
2004 - 2008: Mini PC ITX...
Official Website: http://www.juliemeitz.com

lightbx

Post by lightbx »

So I am on Arena 5, and on Windows 7, but I found this by searching the forum with a similar issue. I identified that it was a singular clip failing to Auto Pilot, not my entire column. So I INSERTED a new column, moved all of the clips into that new column, and still the same problem.

I thought it might be a Transport issue, so I selected the "fwd" button in the layer's Auto Pilot tab, which moved to the next clip, but after one cycle...stopped on the same clip. I clicked the play button in the global transport tab. Again, it moved forward, but not once it reached the problem clip again.

So, I just deleted the problem clip (once I took note of the Pos X and Pos Y I gave it), and then reloaded it. Magic. Back in action.

Hope this can be of help to someone, as this was the second time I encountered a specific clip failing to Auto Pilot in Arena 5.