TouchOSC .. Output OK but not getting input in 4.0?

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
gregsully
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

TouchOSC .. Output OK but not getting input in 4.0?

Post by gregsully »

I am setting up TouchOSC in v4.0.. I have it fully functioning in TouchDesigner so I know it works in general, but in Resolume I can not get OSC's input to work. The OSC output (computer to iPad) works fine and updates on my iPad very quickly.. But no matter what I do, nothing on the iPad will make Resolume react.

I've set up Ad-Hoc network thru Connectify as well as just regular wireless connection.. both have the same results..

I have made my own template as well as downloaded "Martin Thoburn's resolume template and both are the same.. Output from the computer back to the iPad work well.. but nothing on input.

Like I said, input is working quite well in TouchDesigner.

Is anyone else experiencing this?

G

Rene
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Re: TouchOSC .. Output OK but not getting input in 4.0?

Post by Rene »

Try to enable/disable OSC bundles in the Resolume's OSC menu - this should do the trick ;) - good luck!

gregsully
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by gregsully »

I got it to work over regular wifi (not ad-hoc) by shutting everything down and firing all back up to get new clean ip settings.. No idea why it worked in TouchDesigner.. but for Resolume this is what it takes..

So then I tried an Ad-Hoc network.. I had to do basically the same thing.. Set up the connections.. Restart iPad and cpu to get clean ip.. and then it works..

Resolume seems finicky.. but at least I know how to solve it..

skulpture
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Post by skulpture »

I am having trouble too. Working fine in two other softwares but in OSC map mode nothing appears. :?:

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Post by Joris »

Resolume uses OSC differently than what you may be used to from other apps. Instead of assigning generic shortcuts, each UI element has a specific address. Could that be the issue?

jeanpoole
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by jeanpoole »

I've got to admit - I'm having trouble with OSC connection too....

I can get touch OSC controlling VDMX... and then with same in/out port settings ( in VDMX and Resolume), I switch over to Res, and can't get seem to get any visible onscreen reaction within Resolume when OSC Mapping is turned on...

The OSC section of the manual shows that it has a lot of felxibility - but I can;t see it explain anywhere, this first step of connectivity...

Am I presuming right, that it should work like this :

With ports set, and already demonstrated connection between device and computer -
it should just be a matter of changing to OSC MAPPING mode...
then moving a slider on Touch OSC to set it?

Or do you have to go to the Touch OSC menu and manually type in the various commands listed in the manual?
eg "/composition/audio/volume/values"

thanks in advance...

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Post by Joris »

it should just be a matter of changing to OSC MAPPING mode...
then moving a slider on Touch OSC to set it?
No.
Or do you have to go to the Touch OSC menu and manually type in the various commands listed in the manual?
eg "/composition/audio/volume/values"
Yes.

:-D

To help you out with all the commands, you don't have to figure them out via the manual. You can simply go in OSC Mapping mode, click the parameter you want to control via OSC, and copy paste its address from the bottom left.