Black Magic Design - Built In

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
shmutus
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Black Magic Design - Built In

Post by shmutus »

Hello Resolume!
Till now I used other software for my Video Projection / L.E.D. Needs.
I downloaded the Trial a couple of days ago, and my main interest as I read from the program's features was the Built in "BLACKMAGIC" support.
1st of all I was amazed from some features which I lack with other software.
So I began to play arround and test the software.
I have discovered 1 problem which if solved I guess will transform me into a happy customer :D
On my media servers (Win7 PCs) I have Intensity Pro cards, I have checked HDMI 720P (50/60 hz) from one source into the media server.
and here are my findings:
720P gets automatically de-interlaced on the BLACKMAGIC SOURCE = Lower Quality output. Resolume's de-Interlace button doesn't do anything about it. (latency is awesome)
At the same specs but over the Directshow source everything is fine & Resolume's de-interlace button is working fine. (Latency is worse then the BM source)
Maybe it has something to do with the build in SDK version? (I use blackmagic driver version 9.0) should I use an older driver?
Hope for an answer.
* Advanced screen correction is amazing!! :shock:

Thanks
Shmutus

bildwerk
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Re: Black Magic Design - Built In

Post by bildwerk »

Dear Resolume team,

we also wanted to write you, regarding the same problem.

If we capture HD with Resolume, it looks like the following:
In other software (we tried vvvv and the blackmagic media express),
the captured image looks like the image on the left.
We always used the same setup - output 1920x1080, capture input HD 1080p24

We also recognized another problem - we had some serious "ghosting" (we've seen frames from the past again and again on the output) on the captured input on a job on friday but i currently can't reproduce it.
We had a Composition Size of 8960x800 px

Do you have any idea, to fix that issue?
Sometimes we need to route presentations through our computer, so the capture issue is a little bit urgent ;)

best wishes from vienna
bildwerk

shmutus
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by shmutus »

Some examples of mine:

bildwerk

Post by bildwerk »

I was also able to reproduce the ghosting at the office and have a video of it. If it helps you.

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Post by Joris »

Thanks for the report guys. We'll look into it. Any videos or additional info is always welcome at mail@resolume.com

bildwerk

Post by bildwerk »

you got mail ;)

BPM
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Post by BPM »

Yesterday we installed a BMD Intensity card.
We Have exactly The Same problem as above while trying to route a laptop HDMI OUT into resolume.
It seems like the Deinterlace button doesn't do anything, It's always deinterlaced.
Over Directshow it's OK but it looks like a less good latency then the built in mode.

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Post by Joris »

Edwin has been hard at work at improving the video output of interlaced sources, as there was indeed a problem with it. In the 4.1 update things will be looking smooth like a baby's bum....

bildwerk

Post by bildwerk »

thanks a lot guys!

working with the intensity pro we discovered another issue.
working with multiple sources on the blackmagic, it would be cool to save the selections made to the layer, so for example i have one clip with the hdmi input and another one with s-video.

Because now, changing the input at one clip changes the parameters on the other blackmagic too.
it also resets the size of the clip everytime we select a new source.

best wishes from vienna,

bildwerk

Joris

Post by Joris »

Yes this would be awesome. Unfortunately, it's not really possible, since the clips you create all take their data from the same source (the BM device). Once you change the input for one, it has to change the input for all.

The moment you create a new source, it ask the BM box what width and height it should be, so the layer width and height will be set to the new resolutions. From 4.1 onwards this behavior will change, and if yo have changed the width and height, Resolume will remember this. When you haven't changed width and height, the clip will take the resolution of the new source.

Hope that's clear...