FFT Timeline !

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
eubé
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

FFT Timeline !

Post by eubé »

Hey !

I've been using 2.3 for a while, but since I got a new laptop I've installed Avenue. Very nice indeed, only problem I found was no FFT Timeline ... I saw something called SMTPE, I don't know what it is, and if it does what I want, but the manual has no content for this subject (maybe you should fix that too...)

I saw some people talking about a solution with wormhole, wich I don't know how to use either, I tryed not too hard to make it work but it didn't ... So I came up with a Pure Data patch wich transform freq channel amplitude(or somthing like that) in a number from 0.00 to 1 wich is then send to the OSC resolume adress for the activelayer timeline.

It's based on the direct audio input, I made it last night, It's not finished but you can try it here.

To make it work you have to download Pure Data(very good soft ! free and open source), then unpack my RAR file in a folder somewhere, then start resolume, go in Aveenu-> preferences and enable your OSC(OpenSoundControl wich is a kind of MIDI ) input on port 7000 (remember the "bundle" checkbox here), then go back to your comp, set a active layer and pause it. Then open the patch "VISUAliZER" from your folder. When fully loaded click on the red button. The thing should start working. If not try checking in Pure Data : Media -> Audio settings, and check the settings of the input or set one if there is no and then restart the patch. Other problem could come from the "bundle" checkbox, try unchecking it.

If you see the lines moving like it should then select one or several checkbox under the channels, it should then work in your Resolume !

let me know ;) cheers | datalove !

meerkat82

Re: FFT Timeline !

Post by meerkat82 »

Yo!
I followed your instructions but the patch ain't working. I installed Pure Data, downloaded your patch and unpacked it. I started playing an audio file then launched vizualiser.pd. The vu meters are working, I selected all channels underneath and then went back to the paused clip in Resolume after I checked OSC on channel 7000 and 'bundles'. The clip is unaffected. Any suggestions?
Also, I wonder why the built in fft works so badly, I have increased the amount of buffers to the max in preferences and turned all the other options right up and I can barely see the VU meters moving.I have a PC. Anyone?

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Post by Joris »

SMPTE has its own chapter in the Resolume Avenue/Arena 4 manual, it doesn't do audio FFT for the timeline.

For audio FFT there's a workaround here which doesn't require any other apps: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=5176&hilit=audio+F ... =10#p29853

Good on you for getting your PD patch to work and thanks for sharing!

meerkat82

Post by meerkat82 »

I already tried this and it didn't work. Maybe I will try it again.
Why not implement this in the app itself instead of these workarounds that don't work.

eubé

Post by eubé »

hmmm

I don't know, it should work fine . have you checked your audio settings in Pure data ?

HerrNieDa
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Post by HerrNieDa »

meerkat82 wrote:I already tried this and it didn't work. Maybe I will try it again.
Why not implement this in the app itself instead of these workarounds that don't work.
you need to adress the clip or parameter you want to controll via the osc adress in the plugin-parameters....
there's also a tutorial on youtube.... (osc should be activated i think)
had no problem with it running it!
MainSys: Z77 UP5,3570K,32GB Ram,GTX 285, M3 128GB,4x3TB R5@LSI9750
VJSys 1: 990FX UD5,X6 1045T,16GB Ram,GTX970+610+610,M3 128GB,3x1TB R0
MBP 3.1; Schenker A102 (650m) & P702 (675m)

meerkat82

Post by meerkat82 »

HerrNieDa wrote:
meerkat82 wrote:I already tried this and it didn't work. Maybe I will try it again.
you need to adress the clip or parameter you want to controll via the osc adress in the plugin-parameters....
there's also a tutorial on youtube.... (osc should be activated i think)
had no problem with it running it!
do you have a link?

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Post by Joris »

What bites most people in the ass with this, is that a clip with only video is addressed differently than a clip with a (silent) audio track. So either

- make sure your clip does not have audio by deleting the audio track, and address it with /activeclip/video/position/values/

- if you need the audio, address it with
/activeclip/audio/position/values/

You can actually see the correct OSC address when you enter the Application OSC mapping mode.

eubé

Post by eubé »

Hey !

@goto10: this patch is already working like that, all the OSC adress are alreay in.

I'm improving the patch a bit everyday, to hopefully make something really easy to use. and much more efficient and fluid.

Happy to hear someone used it, did you manage to get MIDI working as well ?

here @ home it's really cool, now I have my two laptops pluged in with ethernet cable one with Resolume the other with Puredata and the controler, I just open each software and tadaaa ! It's really working well, I control many things like effects and stuff like that too. And also I got myself a kinect, soon thee kinect control over timeline :mrgreen:

eubé

Post by eubé »

a little update,

it's comented most of it. :)

now it uses also BPM ...
Attachments
RESOLUME_KONTROLER - Copie - Copie - Copie.rar
(5.87 KiB) Downloaded 664 times