Akai APC 40 - Light Up Buttons?

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
tanya
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Akai APC 40 - Light Up Buttons?

Post by tanya »

Hey everyone,

I was under the impression that with Resolume 4, the APC 40's pads would light up when their linked clips were triggered, but this doesn't seem to be happening. I have each pad linked via midi to a different clip and have set my Midi Preferences > Midi Devices > Akai APC40 to "midi output" and have tried all three options (generic mode, Abelton Live mode, etc.), but this doesn't seem to work. Was I mistaken in thinking that they'll now light up?

Thanks!

Shorties

Re: Akai APC 40 - Light Up Buttons?

Post by Shorties »

It should on all three modes, they do on mine. They only light up while the clip is active, and only in yellow but yeah they should. (I wish we could set the velocity output for each clip in relation to it's present state, so like if a clip is present but not playing would be one velocity output while if it was playing it would be another velocity output, or if it wasn't present then no output, because then we could customize the colors, and have more useful visual feedback). Try turning the APC 40 off an on again, and try restarting resolume, it definitely is supposed to output what you are looking for to the APC 40.

tanya

Post by tanya »

Hey Shorties,

Okay cool, good to know! I'll try rebooting etc. when I'm back at home... fingers crossed... :)

123thedude
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by 123thedude »

Shorties wrote:They only light up while the clip is active, and only in yellow but yeah they should.
That's funny, mine light up in green.

tanya

Post by tanya »

Rats! I've rebooted a few times and it still doesn't work... it's odd, though, there are 4 pads that, when triggered, stay lit up (column 1, row 2 and 3 and column 2 row 2 and 3). The others light up as I press them, but do not stay light. Hmm, any ideas for a fix? It would be rad if the pads could stay lit up while their respective clips are active.

Thanks!

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Post by Joris »

Are you running any other software besides Resolume?

tanya

Post by tanya »

I had Safari going at the same time, but that's it.

tanya

Post by tanya »

I tried rebooting again while not having any other programs running. No luck. Any ideas?

Shorties

Post by Shorties »

123thedude wrote:
Shorties wrote:They only light up while the clip is active, and only in yellow but yeah they should.
That's funny, mine light up in green.
Oh maybe it's green, I swear I can't tell the difference in LED green and LED yellow unless they are sitting next to each other.

tanya

Post by tanya »

On Joris' suggestion, I tested out the Akai with a brand new composition and the buttons all light up fine :) Must have been an issue with my composition having been from Resolume 3. Thanks guys!