Dslr, blackmagic design and Resolume

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
Jannik
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Dslr, blackmagic design and Resolume

Post by Jannik »

Hey All!

I'm currently doing my master in graphic design and i'm working on a live performance with a band.
I was searching the forum and the internet but i didn't quite find the right answer.

So the thing is:
I want to use multiple live feeds (2-3) from dslr camera's but i found some information that some dslr camera's can't record and send an output at the same time, or isn't that a problem anymore? I want to buy a blackmagic design capture card to get the signal in resolume but i also discovered that most cards (inexpensive) only have one input hdmi port. Are there any other supported cards with more inputs, or do you just have to but multiple cards? And is there a big delay between the actual filmed image and the captured image in resolume?

I hope there are some people who have experience with this subject cause It would be a great help!

Thanks in advance

arindamliveguitar
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Re: Dslr, blackmagic design and Resolume

Post by arindamliveguitar »

You can buy an HDMI switcher that has many in's and 1 out.. That way you can connect your multiple cameras to the switcher and the output of the switcher goes into the capture card. So inside resolume you need only one source clip but you can change your live feeds through the switcher and thus show different live feeds at any point of time... Also your one input of the capture card is sufficient in this case

edwin
Team Resolume

Post by edwin »

You can use more than one Blackmagic cards connected to the same machine. Or use a DeckLink card with multiple inputs, i'm not sure if they have a card with more than one hdmi connection though (they do have dual or even quad sdi input cards).

http://www.blackmagicdesign.com/products/decklink

asperi
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by asperi »

I would get more cards. HDMI switchers take forever to change input and can be flaky. Of if you can get Component out of the DSLRs you can get a cheap a/v swithc that has component, use that to switch and run the one out from that to the BMD