What's the progress on the broken midi?

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
yugpmoc
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

What's the progress on the broken midi?

Post by yugpmoc »

What's up with the broken midi? I can live with the other warts, but I've got festivals and shows all summer and none of my control surfaces are working with 4.0.1. Mousing for 48 hours sucks! Can we at least get an eta? I'd go back to previous version, where they at least worked, but the new screen slice mapping is so nice...

Thanks,
yug

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Re: What's the progress on the broken midi?

Post by Joris »

All issues with midi that are currently known to us, are confirmed and fixed in the upcoming 4.1 release. We cannot commit to a date for it, and we are probably just as anxious (if not more) as you to get this out. All I can say is we're really close.

In the meanwhile, most midi problems can be worked around by not using midi output, or using the application midi map instead of the composition map. So you won't need to mouse for 48 hours (how do you manage to work for 48 hours anyway? ;-))

yugpmoc
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Re: What's the progress on the broken midi?

Post by yugpmoc »

Well, I do stick in a premixed dvd and take a nap now and then, but 3 day nonstop biker rallies, they keep you busy... (and make it hard to sleep) I like to be up for the live acts so I can play with me knobs, if they worked that is...

BTW, Love the new autopilot! Random or semi random effect activation would make it even better!

A train the apprentice button would be handy too. ;-)

-yugpmoc-
aka, VJ Brightly