Resolume stops recording??

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
Yuckfou157
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Resolume stops recording??

Post by Yuckfou157 »

Hi all,

I try to record some live mixing but Arena 4.01 stops recording and starts writing the clip, mostly after 38 seconds of mixing.
I have recorded much longer before but it's a strange problem, it shouldn't be no problem with my hardware (16Gb internal, 7200RPM discs with loads of space).
All my clips use the DXV codec and I have no idea what could be wrong :(

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Re: Resolume stops recording??

Post by Joris »

Probably you are running out of memory. The record function is primarily meant as a live sampling function, not really as a production tool.

shader
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by shader »

I have had the same frustration. The Resolume recording tool was simply not meant for this. Now I just use Fraps for recording compositions live, and it records great at 1080p and for longer periods.

Recipe:
- Set the Resolume output to your second monitor fullscreen (my resolution is 1080p)
- Start Fraps
- In Fraps, go to the "Movies" tab and select the desired framerate. Choose "full-size" if you want to record at 1080p. Also modify the sound capture settings if you like.
- Press F12 a few times to get rid of the frames-per-second counter
- Press F9 to start recording!
- Freak out in Resolume
- Press F9 when you are done.

Note that Fraps doesn't compress the video, so you will get a huge avi file, around 1-2 gigabyte per minute recorded. It should open in any converter or video editor.

I record the video to an SSD to make sure it's all fast. I haven't recorded very long performances, just 5 minutes at a time. But I haven't had a problem doing this. Audio and video sync is great!

Fraps is Windows only unfortunately. If you are on OS X, you might want to try Snapz which is sorta like Fraps but maybe not as fast.

vj granda

Post by vj granda »

shader wrote:Fraps is Windows only unfortunately. If you are on OS X, you might want to try Snapz which is sorta like Fraps but maybe not as fast.
If you are on OSX, you can try Syphon recorder, It's free and IMO runs mutch better than Fraps on W7...

Yuckfou157

Post by Yuckfou157 »

Thank you all for responding! :)

I heard on VJ forums also about Fraps so I'm going to try that because the recording in Resolume definitely doesn't do what I want it to do, I tried to record to SD card instead my 2nd HD but it's not smooth and blobby so Fraps should do it I hope!
I'll let you know when tried!

ksk1100
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by ksk1100 »

Maybe Resolume not support 1080p Recording.
I had same issue.
So I changed Composition size to 640x480.(or custom size 960x540)
It works.