thumbnails

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
John McGeoch
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

thumbnails

Post by John McGeoch »

Hi - suddenly all my thumbnails are just a small picture in the corner of the frame - is this a resolume problem or ....... ? As you can see from the enclosed picture the previous renderings from after effects were fine, now they all have mini icons that are hard to make out. Can`t tell if they are the same in explorer as I can`t get the DXV codec files to show a thumbnail at all in windows 7. cheers
Attachments
resolume mini thumbs.jpg
resolume mini thumbs.jpg (157.78 KiB) Viewed 4962 times

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Re: thumbnails

Post by Joris »

This happens on some machines when there is an Intel GPU in use. It can be solved by making sure you are using a dedicated GPU and deleting the thumb folder (location is in the manual).

John McGeoch

Post by John McGeoch »

hmm - unless it temporarily flipped to the intel GPU - the laptop is an i7 MSI with a dedicated GPU - even the `Solid` from the Sources panel is now creating these mini icons - I`ll try deleting the thumbfile and starting again - cheers Joohn

yochee

Post by yochee »

ah, good to know goto10! i also had this problem some time ago. with nvidia graphic cards you have to choose manually which programms to render on the gpu, otherwise these will render on the cpu by default.

you can check whether resolume runs on the gpu or not with the nvidia task window. to enable that, start nvidia settings > menu > desktop > show gpu activity in taskbar (or similar, i have a german language interface)

to enable resolume rendering on nvida gpu, open nvidia settings > 3D preferences > program settings, then choose resolume.exe from programm folder