Slow reaction from controller?

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
cosmowe
Knows Resolume better than the devs

Re: Slow reaction from controller?

Post by cosmowe »

I mapped the layer opacity and the master opacity to these faders.
Mapping mode...hmm...could be the composition mode. could be :) hmm.. yes it was the compmode.

I am using version 4.1.1 Arena...

Greetz
cosmowe
Last edited by cosmowe on Tue Sep 04, 2012 14:02, edited 1 time in total.
Image Do you like outlines? Easy Outliner on Juicebar

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Post by Joris »

Is midi output enabled or not?

(are you beginning to see what a nightmare this is to troubleshoot? thanks for helping out with this)

cosmowe
Knows Resolume better than the devs

Post by cosmowe »

Midi-Out is not enabled.

Trust me..when I say: I know exactly what you mean. :cry:
Image Do you like outlines? Easy Outliner on Juicebar

gregsully
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by gregsully »

Just did first show with 4.1.1 and my APC 40 was too slow to use.. I also had two Korg Nano's plugged in.. I gave up on all controllers and just used my mouse .. Lucky I had new strong content made and relied on it vs pounding effects and buttons..

this is bad though.. I used to have similar problems with this back in V3, but I thought I was done with it..

4.1.1 on Win 7 64bit

Greg

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Post by Joris »

Could you help us out and let us know your midi setup (midi in/out, composition/application, layer/deck, what is mapped to what etc).

vj granda

Post by vj granda »

I'm on Mountain Lion now, and Arena 4.1.1
I will try this afternoon with all my controllers (Akai APC20, Codanova Vmx64, Korg Mikrocontrol, Korg NanoKontrol 1, Akai LPK25) ...

A few hours later, no problem with APC20 & Codanova. Tomorrow I will try with the korgs.

Sorry that I can't help...
Last edited by vj granda on Fri Aug 24, 2012 19:59, edited 1 time in total.

dionysia
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by dionysia »

Hi! Sorry for the late reaction!
@cosmowe; its exactly as you described in your reply! but remapping did not work for me to fix the problem.
In my case aswell it also just sort of shows up at one point, whereas minutes before it was functioning fine! Sadly it doesnt just disappear though. Still not working :(

I'm using avenue 4.1.1, midi output not enabled, for mapping im using composition mode.

The sliders on my korg nanokontrol2 are set to the following at the moment, but re-mapping or changing effects makes no difference so not sure if this information is really relevant!

1/0 set to contrast in composition (everything is set to the composition, not separate layers)
1/2 set to opacity in lumawaves pixels
1/16 extrusion, 1/18 resolution
1/3 opacity infinite zoom
1/19 num slices
1/21 & 1/5 set to shiftglitch horizontal&vertical
1/6 set to toggle between 3 mixing modes of top layer
1/23 set to speed slider of top layer
1/22 set to speed slider bottom layer
1/7 set to the crossfader

Hope this is somehow helpful! :S If there's anything else I can let you know to help let me know!

gregsully

Post by gregsully »

I have been busy and on another show so havn't been able to respond but... after doing the show this weekend I can say two things..

4.1.1 is the most solid version of resolume yet.. seems to use less memory..

4.1.1 controller situation is completely screwed up.. This time I was using my desktop, was hoping it would make a difference from my laptop last time. The APC40 was working for a brief time.. but then got deep in the weeds again.. So I ran the show mostly from a mouse again.. Althought I still rocked it :ugeek: http://youtu.be/G9bJ9L9zH1o

Bart I will follow up with more details later when I have a bit more time.. Or is there some files maybe I can send you in email?

Oh and a third thing I can say.. New Nvidia 670 card is the tits.. Fits in a small media server build and I can basically just turn on all my 1920 layers (12-16ish..not that I would want to do that) and its still @55-60fps easy

bildwerk

Post by bildwerk »

Same issue here.
After a while running arena 4.1.1 some controles of the midi controller are getting slow.
we had a novation remote zero sl and a korg nano control 2 on last weekend, first tried it with the novation and afterwards tried it with the korg. so there was only one controller connected at a time.

midi out was disabled, composition mapping was used.

all the faders were mapped to the opacity sliders. Some faders were behaving slowly, other ones weren't.
win 7 pc.

best,
bildwerk

Joris

Post by Joris »

Thanks for the clear info guys. It looks like it's limited to composition map, and accumulates over time with controls that are used a lot. I think we have enough info to do some testing now...