Slow reaction from controller?

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
dionysia
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Slow reaction from controller?

Post by dionysia »

Hi everyone,
I have a question which I think and hope has a really easy solution but I'm just overlooking it.
I have a korg nanokontrol2 hooked up to resolume and been working with it on the same composition for a while, never had problems. This time i started it up and all the sliders and knobs react really slowly/smoothly at a steady pace rather than the speed im adjusting it with. Makes for a smooth blend but I can't "flicker" as I want, it'll go slow and continue once I've stopped touching the sliders.
I'm not super familiar yet with resolume, so i hope someone can help me out!
oh yea and the last effect i added for some reason does work fine but the rest don't :s

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Re: Slow reaction from controller?

Post by Joris »

This could be a bug with composition midi maps on versions before 4.1.1. Are you running the latest update?

cosmowe
Knows Resolume better than the devs

Post by cosmowe »

@dionysia
hmmmm.. I'm just thinking that this could be the same issue I noticed at my last job.

When you move your fader very fast up and down a couple of times...then stop your movement rapidly.
Does the resolume fader/knob continuous moving?

greetz
cosmowe
Image Do you like outlines? Easy Outliner on Juicebar

4youreye
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Post by 4youreye »

i have the same problem. the whole controller seems to work in slowmo mode. but this shows up only in mountain lion. i just tested it with 10.7. and 4.1.1 and there everything works fine.

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Post by Joris »

Thanks for the extra info and confirming this issue is limited to 4.1.1 and Mountain Lion, it makes testing for it a lot simpler. :D

cosmowe

Post by cosmowe »

I'm sorry... but not only mountain lion I guess. I'm using Win 7 Home

@4youreye: What controller do you use?

4youreye
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Post by 4youreye »

i´m using the nanokontrol2, will test the nanokontrol tonight

Joris

Post by Joris »

Well, we just tested on Win 7 and Mountain Lion, but it's working fine for us.

Can you give us some steps, starting with a blank composition and fresh midi map?

cosmowe

Post by cosmowe »

I'm using a icon icontrols controller.

I'm sorry joris...I can't do that because this issue does not exist regular from the very beginning when I open Resolume...It comes after a while....and doesn't go away by itself.

First time I noticed that issue I thought that this could be a controller feature...something like a "smooth" fading mode. Then I figured out that only 2 faders of this controller have this outerspace behaviour (Fader 1 and fader 9). Everything went allright after I deleted the whole midimapping in resolume and remapped everything again = could and will be a resolume "thing"

But then after time x while a vj show it happens again.... so I had to remap every function again while the show was going on.

My first thought was.... The resolume fader behaviour (look post above) looks like a midi CC loop ... or something like that.

Thats my story :roll:

Greetz
cosmowe

Joris

Post by Joris »

Cool, thanks Cosmowe.

What are you mapping to these controls and in which mapping mode? And which Res version are you on?