Possible to map effects globally across all clips?

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
hyp
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Possible to map effects globally across all clips?

Post by hyp »

Hello fellow resolume users. I was wondering if the following was possible:

Iʻd like to place Effects on my clip Dashboard knobs and have those be the same for every clip. Is there an easy way to do this or do I have to drag and drop the same set of effects for every single clip that I am using in a composition?

My ideal situation would be to set the Dashboard once and have them be accessible on a clip level. At first I thought it would be fine doing this through the Layer Dashboard but Iʻm finding that I donʻt want effects to be global across layers, especially when Iʻm transitioning clips on the same layer.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Re: Possible to map effects globally across all clips?

Post by Joris »

Have you tried applying effects on the composition level?

hyp

Post by hyp »

Thanks for that goto. Watched the video and it at least showed me how to speed up copying effects to individual clips. Wasnʻt quite what I was looking for, but Iʻll manage.

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Post by Joris »

Is there a particular reason that applying effects on the composition level is not quite what you were looking for?

hyp

Post by hyp »

Yes, what I would like to do is alter my existing clips so that they don't get stale over my set. I wanted Dashboard control over individual clips so that I could do things such as mirroring, changing color, etc. and bring them back in later in the set.

Using the composition effects would change everything globally which I do not want because I would like to retain the visual look of some of the clips I'm mixing.

Thanks though!

gpvillamil
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Post by gpvillamil »

Why not apply the effects at the layer instead?

Group the clips into layers according to which effects you want to apply... any clips that you want to leave untouched go on one layer, clips that you will effect in other.

gpvillamil
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Post by gpvillamil »

Or use a layer with effect clips in it -

Layer 3 - clips that you don't want to effect
Layer 2 - effect clips, each consisting of multiple effects, with dashboard controlling opacity of each effect
Layer 1 - clips to be affected

You can probably also get fancy with column triggers so that certain effects are triggered together with specific clips.

hyp

Post by hyp »

gpvillamil wrote:Why not apply the effects at the layer instead?

Group the clips into layers according to which effects you want to apply... any clips that you want to leave untouched go on one layer, clips that you will effect in other.
Thanks for the ideas. Didn't really think about re-arranging my clips in that manner. I think I have a good idea how I might be able to make this work now.