No more "black" thumbnails

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
Danger
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

No more \"black\" thumbnails

Post by Danger »

i don't know if this is possible...
some videos have the first's frames black's or in other color before the real video starts
is possible to detect the first frame with "something" and show that frame on thumbnails instead of the black thumbnail ?

dizzgo
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Post by dizzgo »

maybe the thumbnail could switch between 3 or 4 different frames, the firstone, one or two from the middle of the clip and the last, so you dont have the prob with the black thumbs...

Danger

that\'s the way

Post by Danger »

yes that's a good idea...now we just have to know if is possible to make that without making "lag"

dizzgo
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Post by dizzgo »

i dont know, but i'm sure edwin knows...

Danger

programing language ?

Post by Danger »

they are the "master's faster's" they should know how to do it :D

edwin
Team Resolume

Post by edwin »

we thought about that feature before.
it does give you a better clue of the clip you just loaded. but yes it would make resolume somewhat slower because it has to make three thumbnails, especially with large files.
but it's a good idea....so who knows...
it's up on the list ;-)

Danger

It can be an option

Post by Danger »

It can be an option if you whant you activate or if not it stays like today....

Rincevent
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by Rincevent »

Hello, this is my first message here.

I support Danger's idea, it would be a really nice option.

I tried resolume's Beta and I ended up with decks with half of the deck's boxes black, not an easy way to trigger the right clip at the right time.

Besides that I'd like to say that Resolume is really a cool application, I tried a lot of VJing software and Resolume was the best to me.

I just hope the "support" will continue to improve because one thing really bringing resolume down to me was the little-and-not-usable old "Forum" (the current one is far better) and some things like a welcome message saying "We had problems last week" staying for 3-4 or more weeks, It just gives the impression that resolume is dead and not moving anymore. Also a little info on future release would be very nice, like to tell us when can we expect the final Resolume 2.0 version ?

levon

Post by levon »

having labels for each clip would also be cool

vjBrye
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by vjBrye »

I agree, black thumbs are hard to work with. It would be nice to see a solution without increasing lag. I already experience lag of main video output when quickly scrolling through a freshly opened folder, and especially when Resolume encounters a file encoded in with a codec it hadn't had to load yet. I'd hate to see this get worse.

But I disagree with this:
I just hope the "support" will continue to improve because one thing really bringing resolume down to me was the little-and-not-usable old "Forum" (the current one is far better) and some things like a welcome message saying "We had problems last week" staying for 3-4 or more weeks, It just gives the impression that resolume is dead and not moving anymore. Also a little info on future release would be very nice, like to tell us when can we expect the final Resolume 2.0 version ?
They have responded to me personaly on some topics and do post help to peoples problems. How many big software developement companies do this?