Resolume slows to a crawl when outputting to two video cards

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
the_psychologist
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Re: Resolume slows to a crawl when outputting to two video c

Post by the_psychologist »

Sounds like a tech nightmare to me. I choose to emphasize the VJ performance (finding harmonious colors, timing events to music, speed ramping, "scratching") rather than relying on more and more tech. Plus, each projector warms and brightens the venue. Can't wait until we have huge, bright LEDs and we can use a single massive image to do mapping, etc..

gpvillamil
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Post by gpvillamil »

Not sure if you've seen the other thread on this topic, but basically the GPU being used to drive the UI determines the framerate.

Another user made sure to connect his UI screen to a fast GPU, and moved one of his output screens to the integrated video (Intel HD 3000) and his framerates went from 20fps to 75fps.
zebbler wrote:Yes, using DXV.
Looking to map one giant image across 4 - 6 projectors.
Somehow thought a Mac Pro would do the trick with its 6 outputs. I guess I was wrong.

Could anyone recommend what GPUs I can get to replace my current ones?
I suppose just one much better GPU would do, since Resolume can't utilize two anyway?

My current plan is to use two Matrox DualHeads (which would give me four outputs via two mini-display ports) and use the built-in third out in one card for my preview monitor.
As per my usual habit - all of this needs to happen within two days - and I have a show in a different city to fly to today. Going to be hectic trying to get this all sorted proper.

cvanhoose
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Post by cvanhoose »

Thanks GP. That is a good heads up for me. Forgive me if I am wrong, in Arena, you do have the option to output to multiple graphics cards and edge blend capability.