I've been trying to get a smooth record out of avenue for the last days without any success. my problems are that as soon as i hit the record button the framerate drops and clips are stuttering and their movement isn't smooth anymore (at least not always). the second problem is that recording often stops after one or two minutes, even when my memory isn't full (i have a look at the resource monitor and everything looks stable), in other cases i can record 20 minutes or more without stopping, just with stuttering. this seems to be an old problem on resolume, however i'd appreciate every help or suggestions in this case.
we would like to record a studio mix of 70 minutes and create a video with the dj- and vj-mix. all the clips are 1280x720 and in dxv-codec. i'm running avenue 3.3.3 on windows 7 64bit. in this case i don't play in an live environment, so my priority is on smooth recording.
my system specs are intel i7-2630QM @ 2GHz, 8GB ram, GeForce GTX 460M, Patriot TorqX2 128GB SSD + Hitachi 750GB HD, Akai MPD32 Midi Controller and external 1920x1080 monitor via hdmi (so with the laptop monitor there are two 1920x1080 monitors)
here are a few thoughts, maybe someone can help me with it:
1. I read somewhere that you should deactivate some settings in the nvidia control panel to make avenue run smoother, however i don't know the best settings there. i tried to deactivate v-sync and antialiasing settings, most of the other settings i set to performance instead of quality but i don't really know about things like anisotropic filtering, texture filtering, triple buffering or threaded optimization... so if anyone knows the best performance settings i'd be happy about that.
2. at the moment i'm running everything, which means windows, avenue, clip loading and clip recording on the ssd. do you think it could make a difference if i install resolume on the second internal hard drive or load my clips from there?
3. could it make a difference if i install resolume 4? so are there any changes in the recording machine that could influence this issues?
4. in this thread you mentioned syphon recorder - this sounds great, but is just for osx. so does anyone know about an equal software for windows?
5. any other ideas what i could try?
so, this became a pretty long text but i've been sitting at this problem for a pretty long time =)
greetings from austria!
6. i don't think it could make a real difference, but would it make sense for this topic to upgrade from 8gb to 16gb ram?