[resolved] Clips not playing back at correct speed?

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
jeanpoole
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

[resolved] Clips not playing back at correct speed?

Post by jeanpoole »

Hello, hello~!
I'm using resolume for a theatre performance and noting I have to make a few quick live adjustments because clips don't play back at normal speed when launched…
eg 18 second clip, with speed at 1.00 ( set to timeline ), plays from start to finish in 3 seconds?

I have to scroll down to set speed at something like 0.12 to get proper speed of playback?
What seems to be happening - is clip is playing @ BPM speed, even though timeline speed is selected… if i change between those…. playback speed stays the same…

happens arbitrarily though, not to every clip launched… noted it particularly on a bunch of recent renders out of after effects though ( clips play back as expected in quicktime, but much faster in resolume )

Is this a common / known problem?

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Re: Clips not playing back at correct speed?

Post by Joris »

Could it be that these files were reconnected using the clip reconnect feature? We're tracking a bug in that area with similar symptoms.

jeanpoole

Post by jeanpoole »

Hmmm - it's possible that these clips were drag and dropped on top of existing files.... so when I've had new versions of clips, and I've dropped them on top of clips to replace them with new versions ( that feature has proven really useful... ) ...

I haven't been using reconnect in any other way though, it's been all drag and drop - onto blank cells, or on top of clips...

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Post by Joris »

Well, that's unrelated then. Could you record a screencap of the issue?

cevansroberts

Post by cevansroberts »

I'm having a similar problem at the moment. Was going to start a new thread but this seems to be the same thing so I'll post here.

I am triggering clips with Ableton LIve using the max for live clip launcher. The audio is running in ableton at 120bpm with 8 second long clips. The 8 second clips in Resolume Arena are set to timeline and start at exactly the same time. The clips in Resolme get to the end after about 7.5seconds though (not hugely different but meaning they go out of sync with the audio when they loop).

Can't work out what is happening here. The clock speed of resolume just seems to be running faster. The clips are all 25fps DXV.

cevansroberts

Post by cevansroberts »

Ahhh, predictably I had done something exceedingly stupid and have now sorted it.

I'd managed to alter the Global playback speed without noticing.

Might be the same issue above?

jeanpoole

Post by jeanpoole »

Danke, I'll do a screencap later.. switching between BPM and timeline mode and showing how both play very fast... or how timeline method needs to be set to below/around .10 to get close to normal playback speed...

(And I just checked global speed - don't have anything set there, and it seems that'd just trigger it forwards or backwards etc, rather than changing speed significantly? or at least I couldn't see how global speed could be set to faster / slower... )

Joris

Post by Joris »

GlobalSpeed.png
GlobalSpeed.png (16.93 KiB) Viewed 18653 times
The slider to the left of the Global Direction controls is the Global Speed control. Right clicking will reset it to 1.0.

jeanpoole

Post by jeanpoole »

Thanks GOTO - for the screengrab and Right-Click tip -
I can't seem to replicate the problem now, and am guessing I must've accidentally bumped the global speed...

sorry for the false alarm.... rookie error...

Do i get a VJ yellow card?

pdubost

Post by pdubost »

Hi !

I still have the same issue even with a global speed of 1 and Speed 1. My clip plays like 5 times slower than expected in timeline mode.

It s a DXV 25 FPS that plays back correctly in VLC.

THanks for the help :)