slice stays blacked out in advanced output

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
lbens
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

slice stays blacked out in advanced output

Post by lbens »

hey, if you make a mask in the advanced output, it automatically blacks out your slice image a bit to put it to the background. If you then hit 'save and close' your slice ie. your whole output image(!) remains blacked out.
it is necessary to specifically deselect the mask item by either selecting the slice instead or clicking at the top of that menu. This is a recipe for distaster! No matter what is selected, the moment you hit save and close your slice image should jump back to 100% opacity.
this occurred on v4.2.1 on a mac.
cheers.

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Re: slice stays blacked out in advanced output

Post by Joris »

I can't seem to recreate this.

The darkening of the slice should never be visible on the output monitors in the first place, so something is going wrong. Could you post some pictures of your Advanced Output setup and your output please?

bildwerk
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by bildwerk »

i had this issue aswell but also thought it would be my mistake, ill try to recreate it soon ;)

Basic
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Post by Basic »

I think this is the same problem.

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=9889

so this now makes 2 :)
Resolume Avenue 3.3.3 - MBP i7, 8gb RAM - Snow Leopard (2010). Akai APC20

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Post by Joris »

Please understand that we take this report very seriously, but we need your help fixing this. I cannot stress enough that we are *not* experiencing this at all.

So until we get confirmed reports of this happening (with accompanying info on system specs and when it is occurring), there is nothing we can do about it.