Random 1 second pauses and blue screen of death on R4 Close

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
asperi
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Random 1 second pauses and blue screen of death on R4 Close

Post by asperi »

I have a super solid system 99% of the time but I am getting random, 1 second pauses in my full screen playback, not sure if it happens with the whole system or just R4 (I am running 4.12). Could this be a video card issue? Or has anyone else seen this? I have an Win7 64bit i7 2600k, like 16gig ram, ssd for os, 7200rpm drives for clips, running 3 Black magic cards.. The thing is super solid for most of the time but once every like 30- 90 minutes I see it pause randomly. I believe my gfx drivers are up to date.. I get 60 fps just running the 3 cards, about 20 when adding 2 clip layers. Everything is 1080, clips, inputs and comp.. Output of the system is an Nvidia 560 2gig.. 3072x786 via Th2go.. Anyone seen a pause in output like this?

Edit.
The pauses seem to happen more if there is a lot going on, not even effects, but the two local layers + the 3x 1080 BMD inputs and midi triggering of fades and cuts- with more going on, the more frequent the pause happen.

Also now getting a Blue Screen of Death immediately after closing R4. Only thing new is maybe Windows, nvidai and r4 updates.

asperi

Re: Random 1 second pauses and blue screen of death on R4 Cl

Post by asperi »

Anyone? Seems that the second of my 3 BMD intensity pro cards will not be working when this happens. As far as the blue screen of death crash. It always happens when the 2nd card shows only black, then closing R4 = BSD crash.

asperi

Post by asperi »

Not sure on the pauses but I was able to duplicate the Blue Screen of Death crash.

Always happens when I boot the PC rack with the 3 cards first, then boot the other 3 laptops that are going into the PC rack. most of the time I see all of sources fine, but when the 2nd one is black, about 2 seconds after closing R4- crash and Bsd. Interesting though it is not until after closing r4. -note it will always crash 100% of the time if laptops are powered on after the main pc rack is. Thinking its this second BMD card

asperi

Post by asperi »

Pulled the card. Cannot reproduce the crash now

asperi

Post by asperi »

Well it was not the card after all. I installed a new card and still got a BSOD. Always in Resolume the Source will show up black when worked fine previously, then close R4 and it crashes.. Here is the exact run down on how to make the crash:

I was able to recreate the BSOD crash on a second computer as well, a Dell Studio XPS 435T, win7. In order to create the crash you must do the fallowing:

On a windows 7 64bit sp1 PC- all updated.
Install the Intensity Pro and Blackmagic_Desktop_Video_Windows_9.6.8
Install Resolume Avenue 4.1.2 http://resolume.com/download/
Run the Black Magic desktop video Media Express and set input to HDMI 1080 60
See that source (for me it was the DVI out of a Macbook pro 1080i)
Close Media express
Open Resolume Ave4, open new session and set session to 1080p, go to sources, set to HDMI, 1080 60, drag source into new layer, you should still see the input like you do in Media express. Save the session and close.
Power down computers.
Power up the PC with the Intensity card, launch resolume ave session.
Power up the source computer
Click on the Intensity card clip in the Resolume session- both preview and main out will show black- no video with settings still at 1080.
Close the Resolume program, about 2-3 seconds later- BSOD crash.

I can do the same as above with my other Intensity Pro cards and never get the crash, but when I add the 3rd card, yet I also got a BSOD testing on my work dell, with no other cards..

Was able to duplicate the crash on my Dell Studio XPS 435T at work and my Comp at home- it is a Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3P-B3 motherboard, 16gig ram, Intel SSD, intel i7 2600k- this system has been rock solid until I came across this crash, tried card in other slots still crash..

Anyone else getting BSOD with windows and Blackmagic cards?

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Post by Joris »

Could you contact us directly with your log file?