Editable Credit Roll style txt and Tickers

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
yugpmoc
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Editable Credit Roll style txt and Tickers

Post by yugpmoc »

Hey gang, I took a gig a while back and it's coming up next weekend. I'm reading through the spec and preping this week. Something I thought would be simple is eluding me :shock: . I need live or near live editable credit style rolls and tickers. There is a live silent auction amoungst other things that I need simple update access to. How would you do it? Text layer over item video layer I got, editing the text, not so much. I'm on Windows 7 using Arena.

Thanks
-yug-

Basic
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Re: Editable Credit Roll style txt and Tickers

Post by Basic »

flash might be possible but i wouldn't know for sure.

I'm sure this was asked recently. I'd maybes have a little search :)
Resolume Avenue 3.3.3 - MBP i7, 8gb RAM - Snow Leopard (2010). Akai APC20

Tecno`

Post by Tecno` »

I was looking for something like this recently and ended up getting a friend to code a webpage to do this which was populated by text messages.
I am not sure of the gafa tape that held it all together and linked it to a phone.

I got this into Resolume using a capture card.

There is probably ticker tape text that you can use but I couldn't find movie credit style.

Tim

yugpmoc

Post by yugpmoc »

Give me a little context for searching... I looked first, thinking this was simple, and found nothing. I can always cook up stuff in a nle but I'd rather have something inside Resolume, the nle will be to slow... I have one flash plugin, fancy text I think, but it's not this or I'm missing it. Any flash gurus out there wana make a Franklin right quick? I'm sure it's simple.
Last edited by yugpmoc on Mon Oct 29, 2012 20:19, edited 1 time in total.

yugpmoc

Post by yugpmoc »

That's better than what I was thinking Tim.

Having a txt file for each clip that I could link to in some sort of flash text tool where I specified options like roll or scroll is where I was going.

But a html gives more formating opptions in a text file that's easily alteralble via batch.
You could edit it on the fly and it would read each time the clip is loaded...

Hum, now how, in three days, to get this done. I'd rather not go the capture route. My Blackmagic cards have been tempremental lately and I'm using both for item, crowd, and MC shots. The more input switching I do the pissier they get.

yugpmoc

Post by yugpmoc »

This would be a good first step in SMS to screen layer too. Getting incoming sms into a txt or html file can't be that hard. I did find an old thread on that.

synapse_gh
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Post by synapse_gh »

Quartz should work, you can simply create a bunch of published inputs of text fields which will let you input the text live within Resolume.

alfaleader

Post by alfaleader »

In our sms system we did this with quartz composer:
incoming text messages have to be typed and come in a buffer (not a normal QC buffer, but the oldest text is always replaced). Then the messages are displayed with always a few above and below the screen and with using modulo (%).

A credit roll style shouldn't be very hard to do with quartz.

yugpmoc

Post by yugpmoc »

Alas, I am on windows 7... Quartz composer and whatever apple calls their built in little movie editor are almost compelling enough reasons to pony up for a Mac Mini, I'm starting to think, oppinions? Anyone know of a quartz like toy for windows or *nix?

alfaleader

Post by alfaleader »

If you have a video mixer to switch between things you can try max/msp, vvvv, processing or something similar. But I don't know if they can work together with resolume on 1 laptop.