Deinterlace method in Resolume.

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
cvanhoose
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Re: Deinterlace method in Resolume.

Post by cvanhoose »

Check your capture settings. I use Blackmagic cards. There is an option within properties for frame blending.

francoe
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Post by francoe »

Warspite wrote:So there is no third party softaware or codec. Just me, Resolume and live input from another laptop with test signal.
There IS a codec. You are using harwdare compression, in other way you can´t have an interlaced signal. Try with progressive hardware.
Capture, interlace and then deinterlace have non sense. Even more, when a good method for software deinterlace leads a heavy load in all situations.
Anyway, deinterlacing by frame blending needs to be a minimum today.

deepvisual
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by deepvisual »

yeah I'm surprised there isnt a capture codec option in the preferences - not one that I can find anyway..
it may be that you'll have to set this in quicktime.
But I had exactly the same problems with firewire capture in Modul8, until I set the compression to none, then got perfect video.

Warspite

Post by Warspite »

cvanhoose wrote:Check your capture settings. I use Blackmagic cards. There is an option within properties for frame blending.
Great!
I do not have Blackmagics yet (just trying to get "right" usb3.0 for my laptops<->blackmagic hardware) - tested with other brands.
Could you please post screenshot with this option.

Warspite

Post by Warspite »

francoe wrote:
Warspite wrote:So there is no third party softaware or codec. Just me, Resolume and live input from another laptop with test signal.
There IS a codec. You are using harwdare compression, in other way you can´t have an interlaced signal. Try with progressive hardware.
Capture, interlace and then deinterlace have non sense. Even more, when a good method for software deinterlace leads a heavy load in all situations.
Anyway, deinterlacing by frame blending needs to be a minimum today.
No, there is no codec. Uncompressed interlaced signal from TV-Out (poore old TV-standarts). I can encode/compress during capture, but in resolume we do "preview", not capture.

And yes, really good method for deinterlace means not only heavy load, but also introduces a lag. Not the case with "frame blending".

edwin
Team Resolume

Post by edwin »

Well the de-interlace we do now is done in a shader, so no heavy load there actually. I'll put deinterlace on the list, we actually had more options for this in version 2.

Warspite

Post by Warspite »

edwin wrote:I'll put deinterlace on the list, we actually had more options for this in version 2.
Great! Because its already a big limitation when working with small pitch LEDs.

Just got MacBook Retina and tested with intensity for thunderbolt and ultrastudio express (also thunderbolt). Measured around 3 frames lag (25fps video) running both simultaneously. Not bad.

Warspite

Post by Warspite »

cvanhoose wrote:Check your capture settings. I use Blackmagic cards. There is an option within properties for frame blending.
Found no option for deinterlace in blackmagic setup.