Colour Pass filter not working

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
Rene
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Colour Pass filter not working

Post by Rene »

Hello,

It seems the Colour Pass filter is broken. If I put it on a video (tried with DXV with alpha and PJPEG) the output goes white (shader compile error? a missing semicolon? ;) ).

I'm on OSX 10.8.2 (12C60), NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M 256 MB, Resolume Arena 4.1.2

Edit: As a workaround I copied the FX from Resolume 4.0.1 plugins/vfx/FFGLColourPass.bundle. Works as expected here
Last edited by Rene on Thu Nov 15, 2012 20:08, edited 1 time in total.

vj granda
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Re: Colour Pass filter not working

Post by vj granda »

Same here...

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Post by Joris »

a missing semicolon?
Turns out it was actually a missing semi colon. What more do you know that you're not telling us, Rene? :o

edwin
Team Resolume

Post by edwin »

I actually improved the colour pass a bit so that you get a better transiton between coloured and grey pixels. So i smoothed out the hard edges you would normally get.

Rene
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Post by Rene »

goto10 wrote:Turns out it was actually a missing semi colon. What more do you know that you're not telling us, Rene? :o
Oh no no!! Space-time balance is just too important. I already told too much. But if I were allowed to, I would tell you the lottery numbers for next Sunday, so you could invest the money into the Resolume 5 time-line time-travel feature announced earlier this year. It's awesome! :o
edwin wrote:I actually improved the colour pass a bit so that you get a better transiton between coloured and grey pixels. So i smoothed out the hard edges you would normally get.
Can I have a preview of the new Colour Pass filter, Edwin? - Turns out that time-traveling with FFGL's in the luggage is too energy consuming -think green :mrgreen:

damstraversaz
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by damstraversaz »

Hi
I just try it with 4.1.3 and it does not works for me, just see a full white screen. ChrisVids seems to have the same issue, according to his post in the 4.1.3 released topic. using the version from 4.1.2 solves this issue, so there is actually a solution.
from the windows installer, the 4.1.3 version is 85.5 ko, althought the working 4.1.2 version is 104 ko

tested on 2 computers :

windows 7 64 bits, I7 with 8gb RAM ,ATI mobility radeon 5100
the second with the demo version, windows 7 64 bits I3 with 4 gb ram nvidia Geforce 315

Damien
digital arts:
http://www.damientraversaz.com/#!art-numerique/c1s43
music for dance, documentary and digital arts:
http://www.damientraversaz.com/