Resolume Arena 4.1.2 Keeps Crashing

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
jjames
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Resolume Arena 4.1.2 Keeps Crashing

Post by jjames »

This is now Arena 4.1.2 Keeps Crashing.

I noticed if I changed decks to quickly it would crash. If a deck hadn't finished loading it's previews and I changed decks it would crash every time. Other than that it would just crash changing decks.

Aero was off. After seeing this post I turned on Aero and tried again. This time it works. It hangs for a second, then starts changing. Rather than just hanging.

Win7 64bit, 8GB ram, Geforce 5850.

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Re: Resolume Arena 4.1.2 Keeps Crashing

Post by Joris »

Please contact us via the feedback tab of the preferences.

M-tec-online
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by M-tec-online »

Maybe someone can explain what is going on...

I have the same problem, as soon i want to change the deck, Resolume crashes completely. In my case there is nothing else to do than reboot the whole computer.
But now I realized an other way: When it hangs (crashes) I leave it hanging and open up another instance by manually chosing my composition in the "my documents" section. This instance runs absolutely clean, no hanging, no crashing, everything runs beautiful... The crashed instance is kept open the whole time, when I move down to the taskbar it shows the broken instance in gray and the running one in normal colors.
I know, it is not to be supposed this way, but maybe one of you programmers can figure out something on that.

Best wishes,

Mikel

cosmowe
Knows Resolume better than the devs

Post by cosmowe »

Hi M-tec-online,
I just wanna ask... is ALL of your footage coded in DXV? Really all?..... Some time ago I had the problem that when I insert one mov with animation codec it takes 15 min. to crash resolume.... after I deleted this clip and I had a clean DXV composition everything was cool. While I was at the job I was able to recreate this again and again.... the next day home my luck was gone... :cry:

Greetz
cosmowe
Image Do you like outlines? Easy Outliner on Juicebar

M-tec-online
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by M-tec-online »

All my footage is saved as *.mov, until now nothing else. I´m still just trying out.

Right now my point is not the subject off crashing. I´m just asking why it runs stable as a second instance while the original one is still in progress and hangs...

This sounds strange to me...

cosmowe
Knows Resolume better than the devs

Post by cosmowe »

yes it is strange.... but beside your question I would like to know something about your clip codecs to find a reason for yours and mine crash cause.

DXV, FotoJPEG, H.264, Animation...and so on.... all these are codes that can be inside a *.mov video container.
These codecs have significant differences how they are played back with resolume.

For Example...try to play a H.264 MOV backwards = your fps will drop massively ... and I had strange program behaviours beside. But not every time...it's not re-creatable.

Greetz
cosmowe
Image Do you like outlines? Easy Outliner on Juicebar