We need this in resolume too!!

FFGL, OSC, GLSL. If you like abbreviations, this is the forum for you
mrkoehler
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Re: We need this in resolume too!!

Post by mrkoehler »

To add,

Resolume is already extremely close to being able to do this. You can change the crop size of a slice in the "Input Selection" tab in Advanced Screen Setup, and then skew the slice in the "Output Transform" tab.

The only difference is that you can't adjust the position of a specific point of your slice while in the Input Selection. It forces you to move at least two points on either the Y or X axis.

Being able to move a specific point, while also being able to add more points (similar to double clicking a crop to add a point) would be extremely useful and avoid the use of any 3rd party software for aligning custom animations to stages.

Please add this feature in the next update!!

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Post by Joris »

We're working on adding input masking in Res 5. This will function on the same principle as output masks, so you can draw arbitrary shapes on the input side of your slice as well.

ReVmatch
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by ReVmatch »

Yes. I want this feature so bad. I was so mad when I bought Arena and then found out I still needed to buy a 3rd party plugin for all my mapping needs. With this feature my C4D projects don't have to be exactly angled or sized. I can just map each side of my 3d model with an input slice and then correct it with the output slice. I like to do this because I'm always moving my stage/setup around different locations. I would love to do this entirely in Resolume.
It sucks because I know we are still along way from res 5 :cry:
Oh well. Small gripe. Res is still the best program out there.

francoe
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Post by francoe »

Is nice for some simple situations. Can be a good fixer.
The point is, if you work on some serious mapping, you can´t handle dozens of non square masks.
Render and correcting by slicing is still your best shoot.

najrock
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by najrock »

Ya this seems cool to me cause I'm a nerd but besides my being interested in the novelty of it I don't have any idea why I would use this

yochee
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by yochee »

ok, three months later we have spout http://spout.zeal.co/ yay!
works great to import live sources like processing/vvvv/ screen capture into resolume. maybe we need to request an ae output plugin there now :)

francoe
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Post by francoe »

yochee wrote:ok, three months later we have spout http://spout.zeal.co/ yay!
works great to import live sources like processing/vvvv/ screen capture into resolume. maybe we need to request an ae output plugin there now :)
Not the same, but....
https://github.com/benkuper/Spout-AfterEffects