New TouchOSC template - seeking feedback

FFGL, OSC, GLSL. If you like abbreviations, this is the forum for you
beatfix
Is taking Resolume on a second date

New TouchOSC template - seeking feedback

Post by beatfix »

Hi everybody,

Despite my occasional grumbling about OSC in Resolume, I find myself repeatedly drawn back to it, largely because of the hard-coded address paths, and the fact this means that a single template will consistently talk to all copies of Res everywhere.

I've spent a chunk of time over the past month developing a series of control templates for TouchOSC. I'm getting close to a release, but I'm still trying to figure out whether 2-way communication is a usable feature - I've been battling latency issues that cause buggy behavior.

Attached is a sample TouchOSC template for controlling a 4x8 clip grid. When I use it, the virtual buttons often get stuck in the "on" (lit) postion - I assume because of bottlenecks with processing the OSC coming from Res. If anyone can test this out and offer suggestions, I'd greatly appreciate it - in exchange you get to keep a free template! :)

If I can't solve this issue I will probably release my templates without the 2-way communication. This would be a shame, because I love being able to populate TouchOSC with clip, layer, and deck names, but I need consistent feedback from the interface for it to be release-worthy.

Thanks in advance,
j e f f
Attachments
JM Res4 4x8clip.zip
(1.78 KiB) Downloaded 515 times

projectneptune
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Re: New TouchOSC template - seeking feedback

Post by projectneptune »

Thanks for putting this out. I will give it a spin this week and report back...
;)