I hope you all had a great Christmas and are looking forward to the New Year’s Eve party!
In case you need a countdown, I created a little Resolume plugin based on Spout.
The plugin renders a countdown which will end at the beginning of the New Year. After the timer has finished a predefined video starts to play.
The program will try to reach an NTP server to get the exact time. If the request fails, it will take your system time to calculate the countdown.
It is possible to change the font of the timer and the video. Just replace the font.vlw file in the data folder to change the font or the movie.mov to change the video.
- Test Timer: (On/Off) - Starts a one minute test countdown.
- Show Millis: (On/Off) - Determines if the countdown displays milliseconds or not.
- Show Animation: (On/Off) - If the checkbox is set to active, the last 30 seconds will be rendered differently.
- Loop Video: (On/Off) - If the checkbox is set to active, the the video will loop.
- At least a Windows 7 64 bit version
- ATI Radeon HD 5000 series or better (256MB of VRAM)
- NVIDIA GeForce 210 or better (256MB of VRAM)
- Java JDK 8 or later
- Processing 3 or later
- Spout 2
- Download the zip file
- Extract the file
- Copy the whole folder to -> C:\Users\User\Documents\Resolume Arena 5\presets\vfx
- The folder structure should look like this:
C:\Users\User\Documents\Resolume Arena 5\presets\vfx\NewYearCountdown\$files$
- Start Resolume Arena 5
- Drag the NewYearCountdown plugin from
Sources -> FFGL Sources -> NewYearCountdown to any layer
- Now you can use it like a normal Resolume source.
Cheers to all,