R6 not loading FFGL plugin

FFGL, OSC, GLSL. If you like abbreviations, this is the forum for you
Hans
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

R6 not loading FFGL plugin

Post by Hans »

I have a custom FFGL plugin that works on R4. I wanted to try it out in R6 today, but it wasn't showing up in the list. I assumed the switch from x86 to x64 was to blame, so I recompiled the .dll for 64 bit following these steps:https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/9yb4317s.aspx. However, now R6 crashes at startup (goes to the Crash Report) screen. The last entry in the log is:

Code: Select all

Scanning directory for plugins: C:\Path\to\plugin\dll
Unfortunately I'm not free to share the plugin source code, but if you need any more info I'd be glad to provide it.

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Re: R6 not loading FFGL plugin

Post by Joris »

Resolume 6 is 64 bit. Yay. That means that your old 32 bit plugins won't work. Boo. Can't have it both ways, unfortunately.

If your plugin causes a crash during startup, we'd love to take a look at the compiled dll. Maybe we can prevent the crash.

That will likely mean it still won't load though. To get your plugin to actually load correctly, you will need to get in touch with the developer. There is an updated Git repo for FFGL, which can compile for 32 and 64 bit.

Hans
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Re: R6 not loading FFGL plugin

Post by Hans »

Thank you, I've ported my code to the repo you've linked, works just fine in R6 now.