Slowing down Resolume

FFGL, OSC, GLSL. If you like abbreviations, this is the forum for you
sefreso
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Slowing down Resolume

Post by sefreso »

Hello,

I am trying to produce VJ loops using an opengl app I developed that I feed to Resolume using Spout.

With my current hardware and resolution requirements I can not use Resolume recording feature nor NDI recorder nor any recorder I could find. Frames keep dropping and the whole system is slowing down. I also want to keep the alpha layer which most recorder, if not all, don't keep.

So the idea I had is to reduce the FPS from 60 to 10 and slowly record each frames with a Spout frame exporter I developed.

It's working well so far.

The issue I have with for example the Trails effect, is that trails disappear too fast even though I set the Resolume FPS to 20 FPS.

The trails effect doesn't expose a "feedback time" parameter but only a "feedback %". For 60 fps it's already set at 98% for the loop I'm producing, I couldn't really find a way to interpolate that value and It's not convenient.

Does anyone know of a way I could tell resolume that I want to slow down the composition not only in FPS but also in time?

One idea I have which is way too much work is to hook win32 api using a software that can alter DLLs. But I have no idea which function I need to hook and it's a complex process.

Thanks for any idea!

sefreso
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Re: Slowing down Resolume

Post by sefreso »

I found this which is exactly what I need : http://resolume.com/blog/3635

"FreeFrame 1.5 also includes a timing function that enables hosts and plugins to reliably render time-dependent visual effects like particle systems and physical simulations. Whether you are running in real time at 60 frames per second or rendering a 25fps video to your hard drive, the new timing function ensures that you'll get accurate and predictable results."

How can I adjust this timing function in resolume?

Looking at FFGL source code I can not see how the "deltaTime" can be adjusted : https://github.com/resolume/ffgl/blob/m ... n.cpp#L114

I can not find this "timing function" in FFGL source code..