[Beta] Display the timecode (T-) for a clip on other devices.

FFGL, OSC, GLSL. If you like abbreviations, this is the forum for you
chabad360
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

[Beta] Display the timecode (T-) for a clip on other devices.

Post by chabad360 »

I found it rather annoying that Resolume doesn't provide any way of displaying the time remaining on clip other than in that little spot next to the clip head. So I wrote a little program to remedy this. Behold: https://github.com/chabad360/resolume-timecode.

Arvol
Might as well join the team

Re: [Beta] Display the timecode (T-) for a clip on other devices.

Post by Arvol »

Same method I used in my TD app.
OSC FTW!

At the end of the day, our monitor rig (which sends LTC) has a clock display with the time remaining on the track (Pro Tools) and we made each LTC clip the same duration as the video track (most common used case for most acts), so we just had monitor world send the clock data to the stage since it was already positioned on stage left.

Who is needing to see the time remaining for your shows?

You might email Resolume about SMPTE over OSC ;) ;)

chabad360

Post by chabad360 »

Yea that method would work too, but the clients I've worked with tend to be a bit more last-minute, so I don't really get a chance to prepare that. Time remaining is useful less for VJ stuff and more for when you have some more lengthier videos to play. Lets everyone on the team know how much time they got till we're live again (and possibly some other use that I haven't considered).

I originally wanted this to be an ffgl plugin, that way you could have a separate screen outside the view of the camera, that would be able to show you this info. But the way I ended up doing it was easier to make.

He2neg
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Post by He2neg »

Can this be setup to display on a 2nd laptop?
I mean... Just put them both in a network and then change the ip settings?
Laptop: XMG P507 // Intel i7-5500 / GTX-1060 / 1tb SSD / 32gb RAM // Lemur / BirdDog Studio NDI
~self employed AV technician / Schu.VT|a|posteo.de~
~Berlin~

chabad360

Post by chabad360 »

Yep, that's the idea. I actually currently recommend that you use it on a second laptop, as I don't know for sure that there are no more memory leaks (I've already cleaned up a few, but I haven't been able to do enough testing to be sure).

Intange
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by Intange »

This is a great idea. Ive almost got it working, I can see the name of the clip but not the timecode running. I think I have it all set up right. Im running online broadcasts and I am currently playing tons of pre recorded videos, which I have to count out for the production team using the tiny little clip remaining. This is a killer idea, if I can get it working, great work.

chabad360

Post by chabad360 »

Two things:

A. Check that you have Resolume set to output all OSC messages (or if you know exactly how to set it up to send the clip position, that's good too). In a letter version I'm going to attempt to add some debug messages so that you can determine that it's all working good.

B. If you can open an issue on the GitHub that would be better.

DavidLopez

Post by DavidLopez »

Awesome project! would test it with my workflow this week.
I didn't know what the OSC could do, this is a great use for that!
I always need to show the timecode of the video to other people for what I do. And relied on other apps to sync manually with 2 people, this will help to automate this task.
Will try to contribute on github.

Thanks!