set OSC type tag in TouchDesigner?

FFGL, OSC, GLSL. If you like abbreviations, this is the forum for you
twitchdoktor
Is taking Resolume on a second date

set OSC type tag in TouchDesigner?

Post by twitchdoktor »

First TD project and I'm so close I can taste it, but I'm still not at the finish line.
I'm using a Roland DJ-202 controller to DJ in Serato, and there are a handful of controls that I want to map in TD to send OSC to Resolume. Some of this was straightforward and has been accomplished, but some of the addresses I am targeting have proven slippery:
I'm getting the connected clip addresses via OSC from Resolume to TD and then modifying them to drill down to address the corresponding beatlooper parameters in Resolume. From what I can tell, these are all at the same address, and then selected via an integer type tag 0-9 (do I have that right?) However, in TD the OSC Out Dat is parsing the output of the triggering CHOP (and its accompanying CHOP Execute Dat) as a float, and assigning it a float type tag. The value that is passed is received accurately (I have tried using a Math Chop and multiplying it to pass different values, 1-9 when on, with/without ceiling/floor/rounding, with no difference in results). Strangely the parameter selected is that which corresponds to type tag 9.
Can anyone here point me toward a solution to set the appropriate type tag? I have also posted in TouchDesigner forum: https://forum.derivative.ca/t/setting-o ... ume/190395. That post includes a .tox file if anyone wants to have a go at my network and/or my shoddy python code. Cheers

twitchdoktor
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Re: set OSC type tag in TouchDesigner?

Post by twitchdoktor »

This has been successfully answered in the TD forum. It was down to my poor python skills, as I suspected. ;)

Arvol
Might as well join the team

Re: set OSC type tag in TouchDesigner?

Post by Arvol »

I use the OSC Dat for most of my work. I've never hear of a tag type 9?
Int's and floats can be done via chop, strings and tag type "r" (color) has to be done via Dat's. You're going to find more help in the TD FB groups btw :)