Sending OSC from Resolume with a Wire patch

FFGL, OSC, GLSL. If you like abbreviations, this is the forum for you
skydeck
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Sending OSC from Resolume with a Wire patch

Post by skydeck »

Hello,

I have built a clip sequencer as a Wire patch which triggers clips via OSC. This works well when running the patch in Wire and sending OSC to Resolume. When I load the same patch in Resolume and run it there, there seems to be no OSC output (The idea was to route the OSC back to Resolume with OSCRouter)

What could be the issue?

Thanks

Arvol
Might as well join the team

Re: Sending OSC from Resolume with a Wire patch

Post by Arvol »

Yup, Wire is currently missing internal communication to Arena when NOT used in standalone mode. This has been my #1 request for about 6 months now. It's on the list :)

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

You mean, you don't get OSC output from Resolume when playing your patch which should send it?
Seems to work fine for me in 7.6 but I think this could have been broken before. Are you using the latest Resolume release?

If you use the OSC router, make sure you also do address translation, so you don't get into a feedback loop.
ie, send a different address from your patch, so the clip connects, or whatever you send, are not the same as Resolume would reply to them.

But indeed, doing clip triggering from a Wire patch without having to leave Resolume, is on our features wish list.
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu

skydeck

Post by skydeck »

Thanks for your replies and hints. I am using the latest Versions of Avenue and Wire. My assumption is, that when played through Avenue the patch sends OSC on the same address as is configured in the avenue preferences. Is this not correct? Can the address be configured for the patch somewhere else?

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

A Wire patch loaded in Avenue, will use the OSC ports set in Avenue preferences. Basically the patch says, hey, Avenue, send this OSC packet for me. Similarly for receiving, Avenue will say, hey Patch, I got this OSC packet, do you want to do anything with it?

If you have Wire open though, then open Avenue, they won't be able to use the same ports, because the first will block it for the second.
Maybe this was the original cause of the issue?
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch

D.pi.T

Post by D.pi.T »

Hi everybody,

I create a Wire patch with a trigger in and a string in going to write osc and after into osc out.
I create it to send osc message to madmapper. When i test my patch in wire it's work perfectly but when i use it into Arena, nothing is happen. I send osc unicast message to madmapper and when i make osc learning into madmapper, it receive the clip osc message. OSC transmission works good but my patch don't...

If someone have an idea.

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

Sounds like you get multiple messages to Madmapper, and it learns the first it thinks is good. Try entering the message you want it to listen to manually.

D.pi.T

Post by D.pi.T »

Thanks for your answer,
I find my mistake, I add an "Enter" after my string and that is not the same command. It's only that...