Random crashes on OSX

FFGL, OSC, GLSL. If you like abbreviations, this is the forum for you
arnebert
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Random crashes on OSX

Post by arnebert »

Hey

Not sure if this is the best place to ask this question, but hopefully someone can help me.

I've been struggling for a while now to get the examples in the FreeFrame 1.5 release work in a stable way in resolume under osx. I'm not an export on OSX, so maybe I'm doing something wrong. I've managed to get the plugins to compile in xcode (I had to switch to gcc 4.0 since 4.2 did not support the sdk version selected in the project 10.4). All seem to go well until i start trying them out in resolume. Most times when loading them, I get a crash in CFFGLPluginManager::GetParamType other times it seem to work. Until I shut down resolume (or remove the effect) and get a crash when deleting s_pPrototype in deInitialize (in FFGL.cpp). I have tried to debug the code but can't seem to understand what goes wrong. My guess is that there are some memory being overwritten somewhere, but since this is the unmodified FFGL examples, I don't think I am to blame. :)

Hope someone can help me, this is driving me nuts!

arnebert
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Re: Random crashes on OSX

Post by arnebert »

I have never experienced these problems in Windows btw.

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Post by Joris »

Hey Arnebert

I've made a support ticket, so our resident FFGL guru will take a look at it ;)

Joris

drand48
Team Resolume

Post by drand48 »

Hi Arnebert,

the problem is that these plugins are already present in the Avenue/plugins/vfx folder, this creates the crash you get.
This should not happen and I'm working on a fix, but for the moment if you remove the plugins you want to try from the vfx folder, everything should work fine.

Daniel