Resolume and Quartz

FFGL, OSC, GLSL. If you like abbreviations, this is the forum for you
VJ Shoken
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Resolume and Quartz

Post by VJ Shoken »

Hi,

For some reason my quartz clips freeze and don't respond in avenue in the middle of my shows. This problem is kinda on/off and I can't seem to recognize why it is happening. Once I delete the clip and load it again it works. Any ideas?

Thanks ahead,
Shoken

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Re: Resolume and Quartz

Post by Joris »

Hey Shoken

It kind of sounds like a memory leak issue, but it's hard to say without knowing more about the patch and your setup. Can you share the patch?

Joris

VJ Shoken

Post by VJ Shoken »

Hi

The patch is pretty basic, It's a cube with input splitters on x,y,z position + x,y,z rotation + width,height and depth. All in all nine parameters. What do you mean by memory leak?

Shoken

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Post by Joris »

It could have been you were doing some crazy stuff in the patch which would cause the computer to run out of memory (buffering images in a queue patch for instance). Since your patch is apparently so simple, I'm a bit baffled by it really. Is there anything you can think of in your setup which causes it (applied effects, external controllers, anything)? Are the mins and maxs of the splitters set correctly?

Joris

VJ Shoken

Post by VJ Shoken »

Hi Joris,

The mins and maxs are set correctly. I'm using the korg nano and the akai Lpd8 as controllers. I'll try to run a few tests with the effects to see if one of them triggers the freeze...

Thanks,
Shoken