Call to All Audiovisual Artists Working with Resolume

Just let it all out, buddy. You're among friends here.
Rene
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Call to All Audiovisual Artists Working with Resolume

Post by Rene »

Hello everyone,

this is an attempt to get in touch with other users doing audiovisuals with Resolume. I would very much appreciate to exchange with you regarding best practice and the kind you use Resolume (trigger AV clips in Resolume vs. trigger external audios, technical issues (glitches, synchronization, etc.))

It doesn't matter whether you do this for a living or just once a month in your spare time.

Looking forward to get in touch with you! (In the meantime I'll go and try 4.1.3) ;)

cheers,
Rene

Basic
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Re: Call to All Audiovisual Artists Working with Resolume

Post by Basic »

Hey Rene I've been doing a little work with AV - Ableton & Resolume. Basic triggers and that's it.

I've found that for the type of sets I do Ableton will trigger certain clips and i'll trigger the rest.

Have you done much AV before? Im still on version 3.3.3
Resolume Avenue 3.3.3 - MBP i7, 8gb RAM - Snow Leopard (2010). Akai APC20

disconappete
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by disconappete »

Hello,

So for my setup i normally use

2 eiki x80s with various lensing, mostly .8 short throw lenses

extron cat 5 tx/rx

desktop media server

korg nano kontrol 2 for effects

maudio trigger finger for video drumming

for firing off clips/terminating clips i use the keyboard or more commonly, the mouse. I personally dont see what the point in using midi triggers for starting clips is, sure it looks cool, but the chance of you triggering the wrong clip is much greater imo.

with the korg nano i set up rows of composition and layer effects and make them all uniform and map the knobs to correspond with the layout i make for that set.

with the trigger finger i have it composition mapped to cue points, playback speed, master fader what not. this way when i am playing a video clip back i can instantly set 6 cue points and drum out the cue points to the music, mostly on build ups and what not. From my experience the more though you put into your midi layout the better your show will go, if you over complicate your setup then you are going to get confused and not get the results you want.

i dunno if this is what you are looking for but i hope this helps. :)

Rene
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Post by Rene »

Basic, disconappete thanks for your insights and sharing your secrets ;-)

@Basic you say Ableton triggers it's audio clips, and you trigger the video clips manually, so there is no link (e.g. MIDI) between Live and Avenue? - I did not do that much AV in the past, but want to change that ;-)

@disconappete can you say a few more on your "desktop media server" solution? Does that mean your media server plays video and audio?