Midi Clock sync to DJM mixer

Just let it all out, buddy. You're among friends here.
clanoue
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Midi Clock sync to DJM mixer

Post by clanoue »

I am a video DJ using Mix Emergency to play my videos. I would like to start using resolume in my DJ sets. I plan on syphon'ing the resolume video into ME. (anybody have a syphon quartz file to suck resolume's output?) I want to use the great effect Resolume offers and i want to sync them to the bpm of my tracks playing. Does anybody know how to get the MIDI clock info out of a Pioneer DJM-800, 900, or 2000 and get it into Resolume? If not from a one of those mixers can Resolume get midi clock info from ableton? I am pretty sure i can get the MIDI clock info into ableton from the DJM mixer, but i rather not run ableton also if i can avoid it.

clanoue

Re: Midi Clock sync to DJM mixer

Post by clanoue »

Well I can see this forum is a lot of help.

I just spent a lot of money on Arena and no one post from a single Resolume rep?

I thought the serato forum was bad.

Thelooca
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by Thelooca »

You will need midi-hardware with usb (http://www.windowsphonesupport.com/imag ... 0Cable.jpg) or an integrated midi-interface in your computer. Connect your midi-out from your DJM to midi in on you hardware/computer. Press 'start midi' on the DJM. In resolume go to the midi tab in preferences. Your midi hardware should appear and you should be able to select clock input.

chrz

skulpture

Post by skulpture »

clanoue wrote:I am a video DJ using Mix Emergency to play my videos. I would like to start using resolume in my DJ sets. I plan on syphon'ing the resolume video into ME. (anybody have a syphon quartz file to suck resolume's output?)
You can get the Quartz file here:

http://syphon.v002.info/
I want to use the great effect Resolume offers and i want to sync them to the bpm of my tracks playing. Does anybody know how to get the MIDI clock info out of a Pioneer DJM-800, 900, or 2000 and get it into Resolume? If not from a one of those mixers can Resolume get midi clock info from ableton? I am pretty sure i can get the MIDI clock info into ableton from the DJM mixer, but i rather not run ableton also if i can avoid it.
Page 20 of the DJM 800 Mnaual lists all the MIDI messages:

http://www.manualowl.com/m/Pioneer/DJM- ... 07?page=20

A little more info here:

http://www.inklen.com/forum/discussion/ ... -avenue/p1
clanoue wrote:Well I can see this forum is a lot of help.

I just spent a lot of money on Arena and no one post from a single Resolume rep?

To be fair you are asking about Syphon, Quartz and DJ Hardware; this is the Resolume Forum. Not many people will have access or have ever used MIDI from those specific devices... so... yeah.

You may have been best asking on the VJForums or a DJ forum (if you haven't already)

philmcrackin
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by philmcrackin »

clanoue wrote:Well I can see this forum is a lot of help.

If you bought Arena you could always just e-mail them, i'm sure they'd respond to your message. No offense or anything but all the information you were asking is on this Forum, you just have to look for it plus you were asking really basic questions that you could've solved yourself with a Google search. If you want your questions answered you could always pay me a small consulting fee and i'll answer any question you have ASAP.