glowing boxes trick

Just let it all out, buddy. You're among friends here.
disconappete
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

glowing boxes trick

Post by disconappete »

Hey all,

what would be the best way to accomplish something like this http://vimeo.com/40211086 ? could i simply make a jpeg with glowing edges and a black center and use it as a layer and then map onto the boxes like so> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SauJLNhnWNQ or would creating custom content and not mapping multiple slices be the best way? if one went that rout, then any non custom content would be distorted....

any advice/links would be appreciated!

philmcrackin

Re: glowing boxes trick

Post by philmcrackin »

It's easier to do it in Resolume, just use a solid color as a source, turn the saturation down so it's white and then use the keystone mask effect on it to make a black center. You could always just make a PNG file too, whatever works for you.

disconappete

Post by disconappete »

cool thanks! ill try this tonight when the sun goes down. :D

disconappete

Post by disconappete »

Hmm I ended up having the best speedy results by making a jpeg in Photoshop that was black in the center with a diffused/blurred white outline. I wont have time to make a .png during the setups for these shows. My issue now is layer routing. I want to have the glowing edge and band graphic on the top boxes and a production company graphic on the bottom rows...

I cant input this as a JPEG as a mask because i want to effect it/layer it, not mask it....any other options?

LXConcepts

Post by LXConcepts »

Make the logos pngs with no background and put them on the layer above your background stuff

Piece of cake

Either that or make them with a black background and luma key them

One thing I like doing with simple logos is using the logo as a mask to make a layer of video into their logo
Lighting and media server design