feedback for my latest project

Just let it all out, buddy. You're among friends here.
humanclimate
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

feedback for my latest project

Post by humanclimate »

Heres a sample of my work! its going to be 5.1 installation for a gallery. I am working on 12 songs with a similar theme. Its all created using Ableton Live and Resolume together via the IAC bus, its a live performance controlled by the OHM64 rgb the music is composed basted on the visual performance, I have had a bit of trouble getting the system to stay stable. But I am able to record the video layers out to single clips and put it all back together again in Adobe Premiere ...let me know what you think

philmcrackin
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Re: feedback for my latest project

Post by philmcrackin »

Personally if I was doing a hybrid music and visual performance, I would try to make the video audio reactive, at least in a subtle way. Anyway how come you rendered the video with black bars? It just makes your video look worse (No offense).

humanclimate
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by humanclimate »

yeah I am trying to get the visuals more reactive but sending the clock via the IAC bus just does stay stable for me. It works really well if I am performing the piece. But I can never seem to get through a whole song with out the bpm running crazy or resolume crashing. I need to get it up and running with two laptops one for audio and one for video. Or maybe look into a hardware option for the video. hmmm any suggestions? Its supper hard finding any info on this kinda stuff. Oh and the letter box was just a trial, it looks heaps better playing in HD from a DVD.

philmcrackin
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by philmcrackin »

Try using the Audio FFT in Resolume to make the visuals more reactive, either use something like JACK to route audio from Ableton into Resolume or render your audio clips in Ableton and then trigger the audio clips in Resolume simultaneously along with your clips in Ableton via midi (Just make sure you set your Audio Device to none or something you can't hear in Resolume so it doesn't clash with Ableton.