Are the issues with Optimus in any better state

Just let it all out, buddy. You're among friends here.
arindamliveguitar
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Are the issues with Optimus in any better state

Post by arindamliveguitar »

Hello. Its pretty tough these days to get laptops with Nvidia Graphics cards that do not have Optimus . I am from India, and here it is next to impossible to find laptops which have Nvidia graphic cards without optimus.

I am posting this to ask if the users have had any better luck in recent times to get over the optimus problems.

I had read earlier on the forum that someone had better luck with the verde driver in using resolume with optimus.

Looking for opinions. Thanks

Luxcollective
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Re: Are the issues with Optimus in any better state

Post by Luxcollective »

Acer Triton 700 does not have Optimus as there is no onboard Intel CPU. GTX 1080 and nuttin' else as it should be. I never understood why "gaming" laptops would risk compromising performance in any context just to do a little battery saving.

https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/p ... rtriton700

drazkers
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Post by drazkers »

Luxcollective wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 18:46 Acer Triton 700 does not have Optimus as there is no onboard Intel CPU. GTX 1080 and nuttin' else as it should be. I never understood why "gaming" laptops would risk compromising performance in any context just to do a little battery saving.

https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/p ... rtriton700

Luxcollective
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Post by Luxcollective »

hahaha I didn't even notice the date... I just saw "Optimus" when I was seeing what the latest was via search. :-)