How to trigger video at a specific time of day

Just let it all out, buddy. You're among friends here.
cguer
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

How to trigger video at a specific time of day

Post by cguer »

I'm trying to figure out what would be the best way to trigger the playback of clip at a certain time of the day using the computer's time. I have a video prepared for the new years countdown and I'd like it to start playing on it's own 1min before before midnight.
I have found one possible solution using vvvv and then sending the video to resolume but i'd prefer to have it all in resolume. My other option is to start manually at the approximate time but I'd prefer something automated. I haven't looked into flash yet but I guess it could also be done with that.
Thanks!

gabonacorp
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Re: How to trigger video at a specific time of day

Post by gabonacorp »

In osx, use qlab. Create an OSC command cue to start te resolume clip, and set a time trigger in qlab for the cue.

cguer

Post by cguer »

Thanks for the reply. I forgot to specify but I am on a PC. Do you know of a similar alternative for windows?

drazkers
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Post by drazkers »

Touch Designer is a free download and sends OSC to resolume like a dream for PC.

cguer

Post by cguer »

Thanks drazkers, I'll give touch designer a try. I already have it too but haven't really played with it yet.
Didn't have much time to try new things for new years so I ended up just triggering the countdown by hand. It did the trick for just one video but I'll look into the other options for the future.

gpvillamil
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Post by gpvillamil »

Any program that can send OSC can be used to trigger playback in Resolume.

If you want to do it reliably and for free, why not use Processing (processing.org)? Some of the OSC examples that ship with Resolume are already written in Processing, so it would be trivial to adapt them.

It would work on Mac or Windows, and is free.