dualhead notebooks??

Just let it all out, buddy. You're among friends here.
m&m_

Post by m&m_ »

i was kinda hoping that i'm gonna buy a notebook one day so i dont have to carry my desktop puter to gigs, it gets kinda heavy over the time, not to mention that i have other equipment, plus i live on the third floor, and i hate my guts for ever buying that giant monitor...... so i checked aroun to find a notebook w/ a dual head GPU but i dont seem to be able to find any.. and you guys here are all talking about your laptops and how good they are so i guess youre usingg them.. what do you do? have scan-converters? run resolume fullscreen (without the interface)? please take off the veil of mistery off this one for me......

thanx

bart
Team Resolume

Post by bart »

most highend laptops have dual monior support these days ... look for a laptop with either a mobile radeon 7500 chip or at least a Geforce2Go there are multiple manufacturers that have laptops with these chips ... Sony Vaio and Dell Inspiron are the most popular ... goodluck!

Fury_

Post by Fury_ »

I just bought a Compaq 2800 series with the Radeon 7500 chipset. It works very well!

The TV output is very flexible, and of much higher quality than my desktop machine which uses a GeForce 2 MX card....

m&m_

Post by m&m_ »

thanx,,

you have helped. after a night i spent looking over the specs i went downtown this afternoon and got myself a presario2800 w/ the radeon guy inside. i was in love with inspiron for a while, but i got this one a lot cheaper,,, now im paying for it month by month and i feel as happy as with a brand new girlfriend...

and it really beats the sh** out of my ol desktop as far as the resolume performance is concerned..

act fast life is short!

(now ill take the laptop AND the desktop to gigs, it didnt get easier.. hehehe)

Fury_

Post by Fury_ »

Same here, very happy with my new laptop :)

My main VJ machine was a 19" rackmountable machine with a 17" monitor, now for simple gigs 1 laptop and my MX-1 is all I need!

I am thinking of buying the Radeon 8500 for that machine, and installing atleast 1 scsi disk and my firewire card in that machine so I can use it to create stuff during bigger events.....

If I ever decide to go on a shopping spree again I'll buy a nice 19" case and a TFT screen that fits in the lid.

Anyway, for all you people out there who think the GeForce2/4go is the best.... forget those, get a Radeon Mobility! At the moment my laptop outperformes my desktop :)

Thijs_

Post by Thijs_ »

Jep.

I have a mobility 7500 in my new laptop. It's extremely fast.