XFX GeForce4 MX440 64MB Issues??

Just let it all out, buddy. You're among friends here.
Holland_

Post by Holland_ »

I just got a 64mb GeForce4 MX440 yesterday. After installation I seem to be having a problem with Resolume which ran fine (although choppy) before. Was using onboard memory before (yuck). For some reason, clips will load to the deck but they will not playback. Totally blank display. Any idea what I have set wrong? All my other VJ programs seem fine. I installed 1.1 with the same result. Thanks.

edwin
Team Resolume

Post by edwin »

Do you have directx 8 installed...?

m&m_

Post by m&m_ »

i've had the same problem with matrox g440 before on my desktop puter... clips loaded but the display blank (white), and the timeline frozen on the half of the clip.. once it even hit me before the gig. i never foun out what was the cause. i nearly paniced, because earlier it worked tip-top... didn't know what to do --- i reinstalled the GPU drivers (even without uninstaling em before). that solved it.

it happened once again, i did the same, no other problems ever occured since...

i'm still not clear what was happening back there. i didnt even get the new drivers, just overinstaled the old ones.. i'll never understand women and computers...

edwin
Team Resolume

Post by edwin »

m&m:
i am half way understanding the latter ;-)
the first is still a big mystery.

We will look into this, the white previews are something that bothered us as well. I know that with some quicktime movies resolume won't work.
We gonna make an inventarisation of what formats are supported and wich are not...
we will let you know what comes out of it..

Holland_

Post by Holland_ »

Thanks, Edwin. What m&m is describing is EXACTLY what is happening on my system. And yes, I do have directX 8 installed. All these clips worked just fine before. And I am seeing the white previews on some clips now too. I'll try what m&m did. With any luck it'll work for me too.

Holland_

Post by Holland_ »

No luck on m&m's fix. Still having the same problems.

bart
Team Resolume

Post by bart »

can you send us one of the files that is giving problems? please email: info@resolume.com