FFGL plugins vote

Just let it all out, buddy. You're among friends here.
Post Reply
hive8
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything
Posts: 320
Joined: Sat Jan 22, 2011 22:42
Location: Los Angeles

FFGL plugins vote

Post by hive8 » Mon Jun 09, 2014 12:51

My friend and me started developing some FFGL plugins. I would like to get the community for some input, if you have a idea or anything that can me made with a FFGL plugin please reply on this thread and we will vote to get development started. I would like to build a whole library of effects. Currently we are making a cloner plugin, should be coming shortly for Windows and OSX.
HIVE 8 | Quantum Laser | http://www.hive8.com

User avatar
cosmowe
Knows Resolume better than the devs
Posts: 1253
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:27
Location: cologne // germany

Re: FFGL plugins vote

Post by cosmowe » Mon Jun 09, 2014 14:20

Hey hive8,
a wonderful idea :P

My wish would be a advanced strobe plug-in.

This plug-in should take the clip - divides it in square regions which are adjustable with an x and y count and a offset parameter.
Now you should be able to set the flash interval down to every second rendered frame - also the flash duration and the flash colour or alpha behaviour. Just like all the existing flash plugins for Resolume already do.

What's the clou with your plugin? - it will be able to flash every defined square region mathematically based on a random parameter or even will be able to flash the defined squares with preconfigured chase patterns.

hmm.. it's a bit hard to explain. I found a very ugly video on youtube where you maybe see what I'm talking about ;)





Best wishes!
cosmowe
w10 || Schenker U506 || lemur || kp3 || pulse || leap motion || spark d'fuser || magewell capture dongle

DayVeeJay
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything
Posts: 387
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 23:38
Location: Chicago, IL

Re: FFGL plugins vote

Post by DayVeeJay » Mon Jun 09, 2014 17:09

I'd love to see a plugin that displays an image with the ability to resize, position and crop said image. It'd be really useful for masks.

hive8
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything
Posts: 320
Joined: Sat Jan 22, 2011 22:42
Location: Los Angeles

Re: FFGL plugins vote

Post by hive8 » Mon Jun 09, 2014 17:55

DayVeeJay wrote:I'd love to see a plugin that displays an image with the ability to resize, position and crop said image. It'd be really useful for masks.
Resolume already has a crop effect which works that you can move the the left, right, bottom, top slider, you could add a FrParamters before and move it to the correct position and then do the crop effect 2nd in the effect chain. You can also invert the crop effect.

Let me know if that is not working out for you and we will add it to the list.
HIVE 8 | Quantum Laser | http://www.hive8.com

hive8
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything
Posts: 320
Joined: Sat Jan 22, 2011 22:42
Location: Los Angeles

Re: FFGL plugins vote

Post by hive8 » Mon Jun 09, 2014 17:56

cosmowe wrote:Hey hive8,
a wonderful idea :P

My wish would be a advanced strobe plug-in.

This plug-in should take the clip - divides it in square regions which are adjustable with an x and y count and a offset parameter.
Now you should be able to set the flash interval down to every second rendered frame - also the flash duration and the flash colour or alpha behaviour. Just like all the existing flash plugins for Resolume already do.

What's the clou with your plugin? - it will be able to flash every defined square region mathematically based on a random parameter or even will be able to flash the defined squares with preconfigured chase patterns.

hmm.. it's a bit hard to explain. I found a very ugly video on youtube where you maybe see what I'm talking about ;)





Best wishes!
cosmowe
This is a great suggestion, will def add this one, I will have a few questions tho, coming a little later.
HIVE 8 | Quantum Laser | http://www.hive8.com

User avatar
cosmowe
Knows Resolume better than the devs
Posts: 1253
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:27
Location: cologne // germany

Re: FFGL plugins vote

Post by cosmowe » Mon Jun 09, 2014 18:32

Perfect! I will be here....waiting for you. ;)
w10 || Schenker U506 || lemur || kp3 || pulse || leap motion || spark d'fuser || magewell capture dongle

DayVeeJay
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything
Posts: 387
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 23:38
Location: Chicago, IL

Re: FFGL plugins vote

Post by DayVeeJay » Mon Jun 09, 2014 19:16

Add it to the list please. The clip mask function isn't terribly powerful.

hive8
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything
Posts: 320
Joined: Sat Jan 22, 2011 22:42
Location: Los Angeles

Re: FFGL plugins vote

Post by hive8 » Fri Jun 13, 2014 08:40

DayVeeJay wrote:Add it to the list please. The clip mask function isn't terribly powerful.
Could you explain a little more what you would like to have.
HIVE 8 | Quantum Laser | http://www.hive8.com

DayVeeJay
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything
Posts: 387
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 23:38
Location: Chicago, IL

Re: FFGL plugins vote

Post by DayVeeJay » Fri Jun 13, 2014 13:44

I'd love to see a plugin that allows a user to load a png file for use as a mask. In addition I'd like to have parameters to adjust the scale, position, Z rotation and crop of this mask. A useful feature to this would include a checkbox to make the "background" black or transparent. For example... If a mask is scaled down to 10% the normal content will begin to show around it. With this feature enabled, everything will be black/transparent except for the alpha channel within the boundaries of the image. When I say transparent I mean that the layer below it will show through.


Another useful plugin would be an advanced version of vignette to fade edges. I did an install last week on a curved DJ booth that was basically a 6ft tall cylinder. The left/right edges are almost parallel with the projection. This caused some really jagged edges. I tried using the vignette effect but was only able to get three sides fading as I'd like. I suspect this had something to due with the projector being mounted off center (my knowledge of resolume tells me otherwise). Anyways, it'd be really cool to have a fade to black/transparent effect where you could adjust each of the four sides. Added bonus is the ability to set one side, click a button and those settings get copied to the other three sides. Cheers!

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=11189

User avatar
Oaktown
Resolume honorary member
Posts: 2765
Joined: Tue May 08, 2012 15:19
Location: Oakland, CA

Re: FFGL plugins vote

Post by Oaktown » Fri Jun 13, 2014 15:01

DayVeeJay wrote:I'd love to see a plugin that allows a user to load a png file for use as a mask.
DayVeeJay, you can use a png as a mask on a clip. If you create a black/transparent png file in photoshop, you can drop it on an existing clip. I think that by default, the black will be see through but you can reverse the mask by using the button of the mask. Resolume will stretch the mask to fit the size of the clip so it's best to have your png be the same size as your clip to have a predictable mask.

Post Reply