Tour visuals for Karnivool

Just let it all out, buddy. You're among friends here.
arindamliveguitar
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Tour visuals for Karnivool

Post by arindamliveguitar »

Hey guys! I just posted a behind the scenes content creation process for Aussie Progressive giants Karnivool's 2015 India tour, Kolkata leg. All content was created using Cinema 4D and played back using our favorite Resolume Arena. Check it out here:
https://www.behance.net/gallery/2284313 ... the-scenes

drazkers
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Re: Tour visuals for Karnivool

Post by drazkers »

Why did you guys choose to squish the video on the wings and stretch the center?

You put alot of great work into this so I'm kinda wondering the circumstances that would force you to force such obvious visual distortion.

arindamliveguitar
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by arindamliveguitar »

I completely agree with what you are saying. There is a long and a short answer to your question. In a third world country like India and in a city like Kolkata, there are innumerable number of headaches that one has to go through to put up anything. The decided upon LED wall sizes and resolutions changed in the last moment after content rendering was complete and . I agree with what you are saying and there is content distortion but I had such a hard time getting what i wanted equipment wise that i had no other option but to go for the compromise but thanks for your input. I really appreciate it.

drazkers
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Post by drazkers »

I've done shows in India so i know your pain, i would suggest investing in arena, mad mapper or Mapio so you can properly scale separate outputs.

DJDVaughan
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by DJDVaughan »

Great music! Never heard of those guys before but will be checking them out in the future. Eerily awesome visuals though. Think they will make an appearance in the states anytime soon?