Timeline for 5.0

Just let it all out, buddy. You're among friends here.
DBinNYC
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Timeline for 5.0

Post by DBinNYC »

Greetings folks. I'm new here, and have been messing around with the trial edition for a bit and really liking it. Before making the plunge, could anyone from Resolute fill me in on upgrade paths to the next full revision? (5.0)?

Should i buy in now, and will that guarantee me free upgrade if/when the time comes?

Thanks

drazkers
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Re: Timeline for 5.0

Post by drazkers »

I can't speak for the resolume guys, but traditionally the upgrade from 2 to 3 or 3 to 4 requires payment but there is a discount for upgrades.

dirtyjohn_lv
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Post by dirtyjohn_lv »

I imagine 5.0 will be a long while down the road, we're still waiting on 4.3 and DXV3 :geek:

fruitygreen
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Here we go again?

Post by fruitygreen »

LOL! :lol:

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Post by Joris »

Res 5 is still a long way away. We're still actively developing Res 4 and there is enough still planned for it to justify a purchase now.

Resolume 5 will not be a free upgrade for Res 4 owners. But we're not some evil company that will let you buy something, then release a new version and expect you to pay the full price again. There are no fixed price plans yet, but you can expect the upgrade for Res 4 owners to be somewhere in the €100-€150 range, with a 'grace period' for people that just purchased prior to the announce of the release.

As always, it's good to be cautious when making big investments. But if you like Resolume and would like to start using it, you're wasting time finding other tools or interim solutions when you decide to hold off until Res 5.

Oaktown
Resolume honorary member

Post by Oaktown »

Buy it now so when R5 comes along, you'll be a pro at it.

Also keep in mind there is nothing comparable to Resolume on the market that runs both on Mac & PC and can do both composition and mapping so why deprive yourself of one of the best VJ software out there?

DBinNYC
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by DBinNYC »

That works for me.

Thanks